superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:36:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Countdown to INFINITE CRISIS  (Read 4508 times)
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« on: January 18, 2006, 06:26:41 PM »

Let's talk about the four miniseries!

Have you read them? I have waited for the tpbs, and for now I have read DAY OF VENGEANGE and THE OMAC PROJECT.

Not bad, really. OMAC is probably the most important, and it features the most important elements: Brother Eye, the death of Maxwell Lord... And a crisis (heh)among the 3 icons. If you want only a tpb, it has to be OMAC!

DAY OF VENGEANCE is funny. You know, I never loved the magical part of the DCU, but this story hooked me! Ragman, Enchantress, Detective Chim... Minor characters, if compared to Superman and the JLA, but Willingham has been able to make me care for them. The fight among the Shadowpact and the Spectre is spectacular.

Now I hope to see soon the other 2 miniseries.

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 07:20:32 PM »

Day of Vengeance was the only one I liked...because it was full of magic.

I am logical and scientific by day, so when I sit down to read comics by night, I'm not looking for realism; I want escapism.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Kalel77
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 01:57:32 PM »

Well I have and read all of them.

The Omac was pretty good. The new checkmate series that is coming out of that looks to be shapping up pretty well.

Days of Vegeance- I really enjoyed this one. I usually have a problem with the way magic is protrayed in comics. Usually being too hookey. The way Captain Marvel was used I thought was original. Although , we all know his powers are magical. You usually see him as a Superman Knock off.

The Rann/Thanagar War- not bad, some pretty cool parts, even though I like sci-fi, it for me, never works well in comics. I like Comets interaction with Kyle. But it all, it was decent.

Villians United. -by Far my favorite. I don't know why, but it was just very clevely done! Catman can finally kicked some butt!!!

In all, I believe they did a good job of tying all of these things together and the added back story in the begining was great.

I remain the man, not the myth
Michael K. Easton
www.impfamadv.com
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 04:23:48 PM »

DOV features a sequence which reminded to me my favorite Japanese series, Dragon Ball.
I love that sequence... Earthlings with magic powers give Captain Marvel their force, so he'll be able to defeat the Spectre.
In DB, in the last fight among Goku and Majin Boo, Earthlings give Goku their force to create a Genkidama, a giant energyball filled by their force.

Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 02:31:28 PM »

I have read the other miniseries, too.

VILLAINS UNITED: nice story, even if I didn't know part of the cast. It is very similar to a Marvel miniseries I have read a couple of months ago, SPIDER-MAN: BREAKOUT. Gail Simone has written a solid story where I care for super villains... They can be interesting, with the right writers.

RANN-TANAGHAR WAR: the one I liked less. Great arts (Reis!!!), but the story didn't hook me. By the way, I'm glad to see Adam Strange again.

DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 03:23:44 PM »

Didn't care for any of the minis except DOV. It would have been better, imo, if they had brought John Constantine into the mix.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 06:13:40 PM »

I liked the last 3 issues of Plastic Man which mocked the whole thing
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L