superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:22:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will an old-fashioned Superman fly? - Chicago Tribune  (Read 6070 times)
shazamtd
Superman Family

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 06:05:45 PM »

Quote from: "nightwing"
Singer's got it right - tying into the original films, bridging the decades and getting us up to speed.

I hope he's right.  Personally this remains the one big sticking point for me; I'd have preferred a fresh vision.  All due respect to Donner and Reeve, who are/were great guys, I'm not in the camp who believes Superman:The Movie and Superman 2 were the "definitive" take on the Man of Steel.

I think too much is being read into this.  I don't see it as being tied to the original films at all.  I see it as a nod to the originals but keeping with it's own story.  To me it's just a bit of nostalgia thrown in.

"Is there no one on this planet to even challenge me?!" - General Zod (Superman II)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L