superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes Newton<Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:27:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moons of Krypton  (Read 4164 times)
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« on: January 23, 2006, 02:08:48 AM »

Since All Star Superman is where we can read about the Silver Age Superman, I have a question about a moon.

Krypton had two moons.

Jax-Ur blew up Weightor by accident.
Krypton exploded

What happened to that last moon of Krypton?

Will we see anything dealing with that last moon of Krypton is All Star?

Speaking of Weightor, seeing Shumaker Levy-9 in action makes me wonder if the Council hadn't found out about Jax-Ur and sabotaged the rocket to blow up the unihabited moon.  Bad luck caused it to be deflected to Weightor
NotSuper
Action Ace

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 12:39:54 AM »

I vaguely recall reading about the other moon going out of its orbit after Krypton exploded. I'm not sure if that's correct, though.

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
alschroeder
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 03:30:52 PM »

Ah, now I miss my Michael Fleisher Superman encyclopedia, lost in a fire....there were originally three moons of Krypton---one blown up by Jax-Ur, one that went off into space after Krypton exploded, and I've forgotten what happened to the third one. Let me see what I can find in this forum's parent site...
Ah!
" When, in November 1960, Superman makes a time-journey to Krypton in the period immediately preceeding its destruction, he romances lovely Lyla Lerrol under the soft radiance of Krypton's two moons; but it is firmly established in the chronicles that the renegade Kryptonian scientist Jax-Ur destroyed one of Krypton's moons prior to this period, a heinous crime for which Jax-Ur was banished into the Phantom Zone, clear evidence that Krypton had three moons - one of which was evidently named Koron - in the not-too-distant past.  In addition, Xenon, the so-called twin world of Krypton, was evidently Krypton's fourth moon, sometime in the ancient past, until it spun out of its orbit and left Krypton forever." That's quoting directly from Fleischer's Encyclopedia. I know Wegthor was the name for the largest moon, the one which I think Jax-Ur exploded.
---Al

Al Schroeder III, former letterhack (met his wife through Julie Schwartz' lettercolumns) of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com---think the superhero genre is mined out? Think there are no new superhero ideas?

Think again.
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 04:45:16 AM »

We are all working hard so that no matter where you are, and come heck or highwater (or cataclysmic explosion), you will always have the Superman Encyclopedia with you!  The Supermanica project is our attempt to recreate and expand on the work of Michael L. Fleisher.

I just updated the Krypton entry with the moon details.  Wegthor (or Weg-Thor) is not in Fleisher's original book, but I'm sure it was mentioned by name pre-Crisis.

http://superman.nu/wiki/index.php/Krypton

Four moons are mentioned but one image in the book shows several more satellites.  I'm sure there are other examples throughout the canon (and in color, too!).

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
alschroeder
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 04:37:04 PM »

Wegthor was mentioned by name in the first Fabulous World of Krypton story, in the first Juliuz Schwartz edited issue of Superman.  Not sure if it was mentioned by name anywhere else, though.---Al

Al Schroeder III, former letterhack (met his wife through Julie Schwartz' lettercolumns) of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com---think the superhero genre is mined out? Think there are no new superhero ideas?

Think again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L