superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:19:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Complete" Season Two not complete  (Read 3807 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: January 24, 2006, 08:27:17 PM »

There's been discussion in some of the George Reeves groups about the recent 2nd season DVD release.  Although people overall love the set, there is some complaint and concern over the fact that at least two brief scenes are missing from a couple of the episodes.

The ones that I remember being mentioned are:

A 60 second scene in "Around the World With Superman" where Superman examines Ann's eyes with his X-Ray vision;
A brief scene in "My Friend Superman" involving Tony bugging a booth in his diner with the wire recorder and being chided about it.

I draw attention to this here, so that hopefully WB can be more complete when they compile future "complete" collections.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 08:36:09 PM »

Thanks for the heads-up.  I'm still on Season One (trying to make a good thing last!) and the only disappointment so far is that "The Stolen Costume" looks like poop next to the other episodes.  THis is particularly vexing since it's one of my favorites.

And hey, what's this about "George Reeves groups"?  You holding out on us, Rao?  Pass along those addresses!

This looks like a job for...
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 09:07:05 PM »

You mean Supes doesnt use his Xray vision and say "I see a piece of metal lodged behind the optic nerve?"

(For purists, it may be 'glass' I dont have super-memory.)

Nighting - the stolen costume is from a 16mm dub print - so what happened to the 35mm one? Dammit - one of my faves as well.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 09:34:43 PM »

Quote from: "nightwing"
And hey, what's this about "George Reeves groups"?  You holding out on us, Rao?  Pass along those addresses!

Here you go:  For those fans of Adventures of Superman who may not already know, there is a great website called The Adventures Continue, devoted to George Reeves and the rest of the cast and crew of the show.  The Adventures Continue links to both a George Reeves Yahoo group and an Adventures of Superman discussion board.

And if anyone has any ideas at all how we could make this particular AoS forum more welcoming to all those fans, don't hesitate to speak up.

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
You mean Supes doesnt use his Xray vision and say "I see a piece of metal lodged behind the optic nerve?"

I haven't seen the episode in question yet, so I can't say for certain, but it sounds like that's the bit.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Lee Semmens
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 10:20:55 AM »

Reportedly, when Warner bought out DC Comics in 1970s, the only episode from season one of the TV show that was missing from the vaults was The Stolen Costume.

That is why we have to settle for a very inferior print, although I have also read that some people have much better copies in their collection.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L