superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:55:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: and the new ongoing Superman creative team is...  (Read 7277 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: January 25, 2006, 12:49:26 AM »

After the Busiek and Johns 8 part run who will take over?

Kurt Busiek and Carlos Pacheco

That's who!

See Mr. Busiek, that's what happens when you start posting here, you get typecast, now you can't stop writing Superman comics.  Cheesy

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 12:57:52 AM »

Now that is truly good news.

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 02:14:52 PM »

The fact that Superman is going to be written by Kurt Busiek as an ongoing is great news. For one thing, it means that he can do one thing that he does well, which is create multiple story threads and "microplots" that over the course of the run are resolved, giving a payoff to someone that reads all of the run. Englehart too, was good at this technique, as was Paul Levitz.

Even more exciting is the hiring of the always classy Carlos Pacheco, whose mindblowing science fiction art in ARROWSMITH was what made that book extraordinary. Like all great artists, he is shown to visibly improve over time; I cannot believe that the same guy that did ARROWSMITH also did the far less polished AVENGERS/SQUADRON SUPREME ANNUAL '98.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 04:58:12 PM »

new article with more info about this run:
http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=57005

With artwork

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Kurt Busiek
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 05:15:22 PM »

Quote from: "JulianPerez"
Like all great artists, he is shown to visibly improve over time; I cannot believe that the same guy that did ARROWSMITH also did the far less polished AVENGERS/SQUADRON SUPREME ANNUAL '98.

Wait'll you see his cover to AQUAMAN: SWORD OF ATLANTIS #41...

kdb
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 10:06:17 AM »

I'm happy.
Thank you DC.

One and only problem: Pacheco will need a replacement often, sigh.

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 08:52:47 PM »

The big Kielbasa tells all in this new interview about his upcoming run on Superman!

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=57173

- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 11:17:20 PM »

Talking about his upcoming run on Superman,
Quote from: "Kurt Busiek"
New villains. Returning villains. A new role for Lana Lang. Pericles Hazard. Camelot Falls. Outer space. Paragon. New realms to conquer for a certain bald-headed master criminal. Friends from the past, menaces buried for decades, catalysts in the present from decades ago. Jimmy Olsen's Blues. Krypto. The problem of Smallville. The Science Police. The Galactic Golem. The strangest object in the universe. When he was a boy. A day that may or may not ever happen. Pete Ross's post-White House career. Time-traveling tourists and gorilla underclassmen. The bubble city of Metropolis. The Envoy. Maxima. Amalak. The secrets of Lexcorp. Subjekt-17. A shattered Earth. Two new Metropolis-based heroes, for very different reasons. Brainiac. Khyber. Omni-fi. Superman's true home. Romance, action, mystery, suspense, science fiction, sorcery, and a pie in the face.

And when asked to identify his favorite elements of the Superman mythos,
Quote from: "Kurt Busiek"
My single favorite element of the Superman mythos is Superman's indomitable spirit.  That, and the imaginative sense to Superman's world that says that nothing, but nothing is impossible, and leads to gigantic stories of galactic, operatic scope and small-scale personal stories that get at the very human hearts within these characters.

Either that, or it's Vartox. I'm never sure.

I am very happy and can't wait to read this title!  Kurt, you've got my support and my thanks.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L