superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:46:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally! Superboy DVDs!!  (Read 5835 times)
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« on: January 31, 2006, 01:11:42 AM »

This is not a hoax, not a dream, not an imaginary story! Superboy is finally coming to DVD!!!:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5016

"At long last Warner seems to be bringing out DVDs of Superboy, the 1988 syndicated series (renamed "The Adventures of Superboy" in 1990).  Here at TVShowsOnDVD, we've gotten e-mails from readers for years saying that DVDs of this show were already available, but as we told everybody in private responses the DVDs in question - no matter who was selling them - were bootlegs, having no authority from the property-owners to be sold.  Now, at long last, the "Superman Homepage" website is reporting that this show is officially coming to DVD from Warner Home Video and with the blessings of the Salkinds, who co-produced the show, and of Viacom, who distributed the show in first-run syndication."

"Salkind is said to hint at a release timeframe to tie in with the big-screen debut of the new film, Superman Returns.  Warner has not formally announced the title, though, so stay tuned and we'll keep you informed with updates and developments.  Read the entire article at The Superman Homepage for more information in the meantime.  Our thanks to the writer of that article, Barry M. Freiman, for e-mailing us to let us know it was posted."

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 02:58:45 AM »

WOOHOO!

Cheesy

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 04:38:22 AM »

I would like to get them.  I liked the Superboy TV show, especiall season 2.

Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 01:38:03 PM »

I'm halfway through watching this and just saw the two commentaries with John Newton and Ilya Salkind.  Ohhhh myyyy...  John Newton is a deprecating smartaleck and brings out the  best of Ilya Salkind. 

Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 03:49:45 PM »

As of the moment, S2 has no official release date on dvd.  But die hards can watch the online at aol's superman channel on their INTV.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L