superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:03:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What A-S-S and INFINITE CRISIS teach us about Secret IDs  (Read 10322 times)
Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 08:53:30 PM »

does lois lane kent love superman or clark kent in the paradise demision?
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 07:45:04 AM »

Quote from: "TELLE"

He never did reveal his i.d. --right through the Superman Family stories starring Mr and Mrs Superman (one of which was set in the far future when their teenage daughter discovers her superpowers --maybe an imaginary story?) and on into Crisis, he was always Clark Kent, editor of the Daily Star.

Telle, the issue featuring Super-Daughter Laura Kent was Superman Family #200, a 1980 "Imaginary Story" proposing what the EARTH-1 Super Family would look like twenty years in the future -- way off in 2000 AD.  This was not related to the Earth-2 "Mr. and Mrs. Superman" tales.

DTO
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 09:30:50 AM »

Quote from: "dto"
Telle, the issue featuring Super-Daughter Laura Kent was Superman Family #200, a 1980 "Imaginary Story" proposing what the EARTH-1 Super Family would look like twenty years in the future -- way off in 2000 AD.  This was not related to the Earth-2 "Mr. and Mrs. Superman" tales.

oops.  And I just read that 6 months ago! :oops:

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 03:04:38 PM »

As for Kal-L, maybe I'm wrong but I never thought they said he gave up his secret ID. I could have sworn I saw some 70's All Star comics JSA stories which had Clark changing into Superman.

Kal kept up the Clark Kent disguise right up until his final appearance in Crisis #12.

What I was referring to is the period AFTER that.  I gather from what I've seen of IC that Kal-L has been in his Super-suit since his "goodbye" in 1986.  Everything I've seen suggests he wore the cape and tights full-time in that "paradise" dimension, watching events unfold on Earth-Dreck.

Personally, I would've thought that in "paradise," Kal would hang out in flannels and jeans.  Or maybe a Kryptonian tunic or something.  Anyway it seems odd to just lounge around in paradise for two decades wearing your battle gear.  If everything's so perfect, why do you need super-heroes at all?

This looks like a job for...
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 03:36:05 PM »

I think you could make an argument either way.

According to the Kingdom series, Kal-L had Lois Lane, the Daily Star building, and most of the rest Metropolis in that "Paradise Dimension" with him.  So presumably being Clark and showing up for work every day was part of his daily routine.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Superman's Pal
Superman Fan

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2006, 05:52:11 PM »

Quote from: "nightwing"
Anyway it seems odd to just lounge around in paradise for two decades wearing your battle gear.

Has it been stated anywhere exactly how much time they spent in "Paradise"?  I've been following the series faithfully (including all the "Countdown to Crisis" series) and don't recall if the time they spent there is specified (then again I have a hard time finding my keys in the morning...) Cheesy

Quote from: "Great Rao"
According to the Kingdom series, Kal-L had Lois Lane, the Daily Star building, and most of the rest Metropolis in that "Paradise Dimension" with him.

I read on another board that Dan Didio has stated that the Kingdom Series is "out of continutity".  Which brings up another question - exactly what was it like in "Paradise"?

"Golly, Superman, I don't know how to explain it!  Whenever I use my signal-watch to call you, this weird creature appears!"  Jimmy Olsen #43 - March 1960
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2006, 09:40:30 PM »

Quote from: "Superman's Pal"
I read on another board that Dan Didio has stated that the Kingdom Series is "out of continutity".

Now that you've pointed this out, things make much more sense.  Thanks.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 01:20:01 AM »

Quote from: "Superman's Pal"
I read on another board that Dan Didio has stated that the Kingdom Series is "out of continutity"

In, out.  Good, bad. In costume, out of costume, good art, bad art  --I'm having trouble keeping up! Cheesy

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L