superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:46:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The KEY"  (Read 5835 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: February 04, 2006, 01:34:25 AM »

Here's a seven page excerpt from All-Star Superman #2, by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely.

For those who are concerned about such things, note that this excerpt contains spoilers for All-Star Superman issue number 1 and, of course, number 2.  Both of these issues are currently on sale.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 12:30:21 PM »

Quiteleys pencils are being offered for sale at www.graphiccollectibles.com.

Its amazing just how much the colorist did on the book!

MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 04:49:51 PM »

It really IS a new era of comics with colorists being much more important....that's cool, not sure I like it, but I'm old and crusty... Cool
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 06:11:16 PM »

Kenzo. youre a clown? Wink

I had posted other pages previously but realized they were major spoiler-iffic, and opted for the cover image.
Vic George 2K6
Superman's Pal

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 12:58:28 PM »

The idea of Superman having a key to his Fortress of Solitude that's no bigger than an ordinary key, yet is so deceptively heavy that only Superman is able to carry it around, makes me think of the character Jesse Dart from the Japanese show Space Keteers of the Force Five cartoon series with his similarly deceptive "astrobat" quarterstaff weapon.  Still, it makes a whole lot more sense than that ridiculous giant key the pre-Crisis Superman of Earth-1 used, which makes very little sense to me of why he would have such a key for that size of a door.

VIC GEORGE, Westfield, MA, USA
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 02:36:00 AM »

And what if he has to get to the Fortress because he lost his powers...?

Superman needs a better identity management solution, I tellya!

Hmm...  I have an idea here.  Why not a challenge / response system, where an interesting automaton asks a random question that "only" Superman could answer.  The questions would be different each time, and wouldn't always be  about memories, but his personality.  So, his mind being messed with would generally prevent entrance.  The Q and A could be deeply profound or silly, depending on what the writer wanted to do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L