superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:38:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STTA and Smallville  (Read 13455 times)
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 01:55:38 AM »

LOL, that's cool, no reason my opinion should mean that a site decision should change...

Hey, you know me, I would end all discussion of Superman at the "Sandman Saga"... Cheesy
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 03:35:51 AM »

Just to correct some mistaken assumptions:

As I've explained before, my objection to Smallville has nothing to do with sex per se.  I think that when sex is portrayed in a positive and healthy light, it is a good thing. However, this is rarely done in contemporary media.

My many objections to the show have already been explained here and I encourage those who wish for further light in this matter to read it.  But in short, I have found that the program emphasizes such qualities as dishonesty, fear, paranoia, anger, anxiety, hatred, rage, despair, and misunderstanding; all qualities that have absolutely nothing to do with anything that Superman stands for - hence, they have no place in this forum.

When there was a Smallville section, the posts seemed to consist mainly of people complaining about the show - fostering and promulgating the same sort of intense negative environment that the show endeavors to create.

Superman Through the Ages! has always served as a corrective measure to such things as Helfer, Byrne, Jurgens, Carlin, and other destructive forces.  Letting Smallville have a section and a forum on this site is counter to its purpose.

Having said that, I will remind people that we have a "Clubhouse" section for off-topic discussion where pretty much any subject matter is fair game...

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 04:03:09 AM »

Yeah, I was gonna suggest that the Clubhouse would be where future Smallville and Battlestar Galactica discussion take place, but the "spam" comment dissuaded me.  Now we know!

Super Monkey: Thanks for splitting up that thread!  It was getting confusing!

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 04:07:46 AM »

I bet it was Rao that split the discussion...but, LOL, Supermonkey's heart was probably in the right place, even though he doesn't call "modern" movies "talkies"... Cool
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2006, 06:13:19 AM »

I didn't split it.

So you can use the Clubhouse to complain endlessly about how much Smallville stinks, if you must :roll:

Though for your own mental sake, I would suggest to discussing things you actual like Smiley

Up Up and Away! S!

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L