superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "SONG OF THE EARTH!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:33:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Post IC DC Universe: Official Word  (Read 12054 times)
Kal's Pal
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 09:19:59 PM »

My bets? Alexander Luthor is unable to maintain to new parallel Earths (including Earth-2) and the respetive personas of Kal-El and Kal-L merge in the massive time-warp calamity that follows and Superman is de-powered to 1930s/40s power levels (but wouldn't that make Kara more powerful then he is?), Lex Luthor returns to 'mad scientist supervillain' status, and Lois becomes pregnant (such a development is hinted at pre-IC).

"Fellow scientists! Krypton is DOOMED!"
Anonymous
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 12:43:32 AM »

Did anybody check out this week's LITG?

Rich claims that Infinite Crisis 6 will be delayed at least a month to accomidate a new ending which will [POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING] have multiple earths instead of just one as was originally intended.

I think this is a horrible idea. I hope it's not true. Your thoughts?
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 01:30:25 AM »

Here is the quote:

I understand that "Infinite Crisis #6" is to be delayed anything up to a month. There is industry speculation that this is to accommodate a reworking to suit that same audience. An initial ending would have seen a single Earth established, reflecting the original Crisis, but it looks like a new multiple Earth system is being devised instead.

That is not much to go on, but I would LOVE that to be true.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 02:48:16 AM »

I would love to see it, too.  I think it would make everyone here happy.

Anonymous
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 07:10:50 AM »

a thought on the multiple earths?
could 52 be the true COIE sequel where all the worlds get merged agian?

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 01:39:22 PM »

It would really be fantastic if this came about, but right now I'm being skeptical.  The questions in my mind are how are they going to resolve the situation with the duplicates (Powergirl, Kal-L), when will the JLA return and which Supergirl is going to be in the Legion.

Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2006, 05:45:01 PM »

From Crisis Counseling: "A member of the audience asked about darkness in the characters and that not being good for kids. The person referred to Superboy Prime punching characters’ heads off. DiDio then talked about the Johnny DC titles, how those are for kids and a way of introducing kids to comic book storytelling. He then commented that the regular titles are for older readers who have grown out of that. He also talked about kids playing violent video games. It was up to parents to decide what’s best for their children. DC just tries to offer a wide breadth of material they can choose from."

DiDio said “What you call dark, we call drama."

Obviously, DiDio doesn't care so the Post Infinite BlahBlah DCU will be no different at all. Looks like the Iron Age will just continue on. Maybe it'll never end. The Johnny DC line is a typical dodge as is the "kids play viloent video games" response. Yeah, some kids also smoke crack does that make it a good thing? Johnny DC might be a valid alternative if they actually put any real talent or effort onto to those books instead of just being a waterdown, uninvested, dump bucket for licences. It also dodges the simple fact that people of all ages enjoy superheroes. The mainline books should be the place where an adult and a kid can get together to read a title. They could have at least followed through on the original premise of the AllStar line but instead DC decided to do what it does best. Being fluffers for Frank Miller.

The WB wouldn't even have a Super character knock someones head off in a big cheap splatterfest even in a feature film. Because they are ware of the audience range that will come to see the movie. As someone who is  bookseller at a major bookstore chain when I have a parent looking for a Superman comic to give a kid, I have nothing to recommened that isn't either gory and extreme, or flat and watered down. That even aside from the fact that  Superboy Prime is being written grossly out of character and like E2 Superman is being used as an effigy set on fire to represent people who want a change from this cheap grim and gore.

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2006, 07:10:16 PM »

I would give that kid a Showcase Superman TPB.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L