superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:02:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All Star Superman #4 Cover Art and sneak preview  (Read 16502 times)
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 11:36:12 PM »

Love Zha-Vam...

Zha-Vam!
Zha-Vam!
Zha-Vam!

:wink:
Kal's Pal
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 09:15:55 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
For fans of the days when Jimmy would turn into all sort of monsters, Jimmy will turn into Doomsday in the story.

LOVE IT! Cheesy

So I take 'All Star' is a melding of the Silver/Bronze Age continuity (had it continued post-1986) into the modern comics? I definitely remember reading Morrison saying something to that effect...

"Fellow scientists! Krypton is DOOMED!"
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 10:48:57 PM »

Zha-Vam was a 2 parter in Action. I have both issues  :wink:
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 11:08:56 PM »

I only had the second issue, where Supes gets his own belt and evens the score...
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 04:09:56 AM »

Quote from: "Kal's Pal"
So I take 'All Star' is a melding of the Silver/Bronze Age continuity (had it continued post-1986) into the modern comics? I definitely remember reading Morrison saying something to that effect...

Pretty much.  The best description I've heard is that 'All Star' is about the "no-Crisis Superman."  Not the "pre-Crisis," not the "post-Crisis," but the "no-Crisis."   ie, there was no Crisis, and here he is, all of them, 20 years later.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 07:17:45 AM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"

Pretty much.  The best description I've heard is that 'All Star' is about the "no-Crisis Superman."  Not the "pre-Crisis," not the "post-Crisis," but the "no-Crisis."   ie, there was no Crisis, and here he is, all of them, 20 years later.

"Crisis?  WHAT Crisis?"    :wink:

So if the Crisis never occurred and we're "Twenty Years Later", does that mean we haven't seen Supergirl yet because she's too busy as Governor Linda Danvers of Florida?   :wink:

Or perhaps a Crisis DID occur in the All Star Universe, but the Byrne Reboot never happened?  (Of course, if we see an older Kara Zor-El or an "All Star Flash" featuring BARRY ALLEN then this hypothesis goes BANG.)

Hmm...

DTO
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2006, 11:36:00 AM »

Its all an Imaginary Story - like em all.
The Spider
Supermen of America

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 09:27:44 PM »

Quote from: "dto"
Or an "All Star Flash" featuring BARRY ALLEN then this hypothesis goes BANG.)

Not really.  All-Star Batman and All-Star Superman don't exactly seem to be connected, as far as I can tell.  Unless you mean Flash making an appearance in All-Star Superman.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L