superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:58:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll
Question: Which Superman should appear after Infinite Crisis?  (Voting closed: February 22, 2006, 04:46:36 PM)
Earth-1 Supes. (Pre-Crisis model) - 10 (62.5%)
Earth-2 Supes. - 1 (6.3%)
Post-Crisis Supes (Current model) - 0 (0%)
Birthright Supes - 2 (12.5%)
Ultraman (Evil baby, evil! :p) - 1 (6.3%)
Other (Explain) - 2 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: After Infinite Crisis, which Superman version should emerge?  (Read 11148 times)
Dial H For Hero
Supermen of America

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 08:44:58 PM »

I haven't been reading IC, so my knowledge of it comes mostly from reports and rumors on various message boards. I get the impression that after IC ends, there will be only one Earth, but that memories of Earth-2 will be retained, including the memories of a Golden Age Superman. I don't know how that would work (it assumes that E2 Superman and the current one will merge), at least not without a lot of confusion and complications. I would much rather see the multiverse return full time. Things would be easier that way, assuming DC wants the JSA's original history to be remembered.
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 02:44:01 AM »

I have a feeling only the super heroes will remember Earth 2.  Say, here's a thought.  How could all the population of Earth 2 return?  I mean, the ordinary citizens.  Shouldn't some of them had duplicates on Earth 1?  If they return, where were they when the earths were merged?

Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 03:15:24 PM »

I picked the Pre-Coie Supes, of course.   That is what I would LIKE to see.

What I THINK we will see is NONE of THE ABOVE Smiley  Perhaps a Superman that is a combo of the post-COIE Kal-El and the E-2 Kal-L

When IC first started, I was hopeful that we would have more, that the Multiverse would be returning (even if it only consisted of two earths)

Then I became convinced that it was all a ruse by DC...that the MV might return...briefly...only to be whisked away again.  ("Here little boy...you want this piece of candy?  Well you can't have it so Na-na-na")

While I still lean towards this, I am not so sure anymore.  The "rumors" that there will only be one earth after all this seem too....controlled.  But then, they all seem to be that way.  Almost as if it is a deliberate red herring.

But then, I have also about come to the conclusion that having the MV back would NOT be a good thing.  Not because I dislike the MV (I all but stopped reading DC when they destroyed it) but because I am not sure I want the MV existing in this dark DC.....

But as the guy at the comic shop told me when I got the latest copy of Supergirl...."IC may be ultra dark.....but isn't it always darkest before the dawn?"   So perhaps the DCU after IC won't be as dark...or, with a return of the MV, perhaps the readers will have more of a choice.

(In which case, DC would probably keep tabs on what was bringing in the most money and lean heavier in that direction)

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 03:47:31 PM »

I voted for them to keep the Ultraman that they've had since 1986.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 05:19:57 PM »

Quote from: "Dylan Clearbrook"

But as the guy at the comic shop told me when I got the latest copy of Supergirl...."IC may be ultra dark.....but isn't it always darkest before the dawn?"   So perhaps the DCU after IC won't be as dark...or, with a return of the MV, perhaps the readers will have more of a choice.

Dylan

It's also darkest for a a person right before they commit suicide.

The only choice  seems to be Vertigo or kids books.

The rumors being controlled?  Take a look at the DC Message Boards currently.  All boards have problems with trolls at one time or another, but DC is the only board that I've seen that requires almost every post to be read and approved by a moderator before showing up on their message boards.

As to Superman, well we got Meltzer and his ideas and he likes WIMPERman over a hero.
Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 10:33:08 PM »

Quote from: "ShinDangaioh"

The only choice  seems to be Vertigo or kids books.

And of course, you have so many "fans" that seem to think that if DC isn't dark, then it has to be a kiddie book....with nothing in between.

Quote from: "ShinDangaioh"

The rumors being controlled?  Take a look at the DC Message Boards currently.  All boards have problems with trolls at one time or another, but DC is the only board that I've seen that requires almost every post to be read and approved by a moderator before showing up on their message boards.

:lol: I just had to contact the mod at the DCBoards to get myself taken off Pre-moderation.  Only those with fewer than 500 posts are to be pre-moderated.   I have to say, I am not surprised...as bad as it was getting...and I only frequent the IC and Supergirl forums.

As for controlled, I didn't mean the fan oriented rumors but rather those rumors, hints, and allegations put out by the supposed Powers That Be.

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2006, 11:05:03 PM »

They should crucify all the versions of Superman and then have some Roman soldiers come up and say: "All right, we've been told to let Superman go. Now which one is that?" And then they'd all go: "I'm Superman!" "No, I'm Superman!" and Earth-2 Superman would say "I'm Superman, and so's my wife".

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 11:09:33 PM »

Having said that, they'll go with whatever version of Superman the eight-year-olds like best, because they're the ones with all the purchasing power. I'm sure they market test this sort of venture first.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L