superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:04:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who remembers the multiverse as it was?  (Read 22873 times)
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 03:45:20 AM »

This is a hard one.  I think possibly the more cosmic characters, like the Guardians, the New Gods, and mystics like Phantom Stranger would be able to remember.  Other than that, very very few would.

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 04:08:17 AM »

Here you go:

http://www.monitorduty.com/mdarchives/2005/12/precrisis_memor.shtml

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 10:27:39 PM »

That was a great article and gave quite a definitive list of who remembers the multiverse.  Thank you for sharing it.

Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 04:32:42 AM »

I don't think that Animal Man remembers the stuff from the Morrison run, but his presence in the current Crisis makes me think that he'll soon remember.

Something not brought up by that article is Many Happy Returns. At the end of the last Supergirl series, Mae traveled back to the pre-Crisis period and had a child with a Superman from another earth. The Spectre (Hal Jordan) convinced her to return and let Kara Zor-El take her place in fighting the anti-Monitor...the mix-up was all the Fatalist's fault, so he knows about the Multiverse too.

Also, I find it hard to believe that Swamp Thing wouldn't know, or have the ability to know. Surely, the Plant Kingdom would know that something went on...Swampy himself was recycled by the whole thing.

Other than that, the knowledge would be limited to cosmic beings (maybe Oans), gods, and those time travelers, if they're still around.

The people who fought the antiMonitor at the beginning of time have it stored somewhere in their subconscious, because E2 Superman still remembers.

Lady Quark died 10 years ago, and Harbinger and Pariah were offed right before this current Crisis.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2006, 11:12:16 AM »

Hi there to everyone!

I'm a new member of this message board, and this is my very first post. I'm from Italy and a big fan of Superman.
I got one question:in Rann/Thanagar Infinite Crisis special the Kilowog's ring recognize SuperboyPrime as the one who have really putted Thanagar out of his orbit,i remember that the Guardian have no memories of the multiverse,how is this possible?

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2006, 02:00:05 PM »

They Guardians have recently been reborn, so it's likely this is the reason why they don't remember the multiverse.  The power rings?  That's a different story.  They have had a history of knowing things that no one else would be able to know.

ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2006, 02:06:11 PM »

Well, the Central Power Battery can link with the Book of Oa which has been shown to know things that the Guardians don't know, such as predicting the future.
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2006, 04:59:41 PM »

Due to production delays, the publication of Infinite Crisis and its tie-ins among the various DC titles has been somewhat out-of-sync.  (Supergirl's latest issue combined #5 and #6 to make the "One Year Later" deadline, while Superboy fans were left scratching their heads trying to figure out the chronological order of his recent appearances.)  It's possible that the Guardian's knowledge of Superboy-Prime will be revealed in a future issue, but there's a lot of action "behind the scenes" so far that hasn't been addressed.  

Perhaps word somehow got to the Guardians, who then immediately sent the updated information to the rings.  But until we get specific verification, this is still mere conjecture.

I understand Infinite Crisis: Secret Files and Origins 2006 will be out soon.  Perhaps some of the missing "gaps" will be filled here.

DTO
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L