superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:46:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who remembers the multiverse as it was?  (Read 23075 times)
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2006, 10:09:43 PM »

Quote from: "dto"
Due to production delays, the publication of Infinite Crisis and its tie-ins among the various DC titles has been somewhat out-of-sync.  (Supergirl's latest issue combined #5 and #6 to make the "One Year Later" deadline, while Superboy fans were left scratching their heads trying to figure out the chronological order of his recent appearances.)  It's possible that the Guardian's knowledge of Superboy-Prime will be revealed in a future issue, but there's a lot of action "behind the scenes" so far that hasn't been addressed.  

Perhaps word somehow got to the Guardians, who then immediately sent the updated information to the rings.  But until we get specific verification, this is still mere conjecture.

I understand Infinite Crisis: Secret Files and Origins 2006 will be out soon.  Perhaps some of the missing "gaps" will be filled here.

I hope so! I wish that this revamp of the DC universe doesn't have continuity mess like the whole Hawkman story!
Thank's to all who have gave me an answer by the way Cheesy !!

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
Superman of America
Superman Family

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2006, 02:17:21 AM »

I remember the Multiverse as it was! LOL! BTW, cool avatar SwordofSuperman; where'd you get it?

Superman of America: America's No.1 Sunshine Superman!
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2006, 02:36:06 AM »

Quote from: "Superman of America"
I remember the Multiverse as it was! LOL! BTW, cool avatar SwordofSuperman; where'd you get it?

Thanks but it not comes from me, i find it between those available when i joined the forum.

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2006, 12:21:39 PM »

I do ... and I hope they get it right with Infinite Crisis, because, in my opinion, Crisis on Infinite Earths caused more problems than it solved.

For example, there was absolutely no logical reason whatsoever to eliminate Superboy from the Superman mythos (I don't care what John Byrne or any of these other so-called "professionals" say). Axing Superboy from the Man of Steel's history did nothing to "bring Superman back to his roots", and caused untold chaos for the Legion of Super-Heroes ... which still persists to this day ... 20 years layer.

Another example is the history of Hawkman. What the hell went on there? Everything was perfectly fine until Crisis came along and after that everything seemed to go ka-blooie! Hawkman's entire continuity got messed up almost beyond recognition, and every attempt made to fix the problem only made it worse. If the original Hawkman had to die, then we should've been left with the Silver Age Hawkman (Katar Hol of Thanagar) and been done with it.

On the death of Supergirl: Again, this wasn't really necessary to preserve Superman's "uniqueness". If the Girl of Steel were allowed to survive the Crisis, then Superman would've still retained the title of "Last Son of Krypton". I could take the elimination of the Kandorians and the Phantom Zone villains in order to make Superman "unique" again (even though I wouldn't have liked it). Why? Because there would've been a fathomable reason for it. Supergirl's death need not have happened. And even if it were made necessary, then they should've left it alone ... and let her death stand as an honorable one (like Barry Allen's). They shouldn't have ridiculed her memory by making infantile attempts to resurrect her with endless Supergirl wannabes that are only pale shadows of the original. What are we up to now ... Version 4.0, for God's sake?

Power Girl? See my comments on Hawkman, because Crisis messed her up just as badly.

Hal Jordan. Poor Hal ... here's a magnificent hero, beloved by millions, who got the shaft as if he were some crummy second-string wannabe. Although his downfall didn't really have anything directly to do with the Crisis, it was the result of bone-headed Post-Crisis writing for the sole purpose of making a buck ... much like Crisis was. At least Barry Allen and Kara Zor-El were given deaths that befitted their heroic nature. Hal Jordan was turned into one of the worst villains imaginable ... and for what reason? So they could make an inept attempt at repairing the damage that John Byrne and company did to the Legion of Super-Heroes by deleting Superboy from their history.

I think that's enough for now. I think I've made my point.

Who goes there?!
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2006, 01:40:26 PM »

I'm a little confused.  How did Hal Jordan's death help with the situation of Superboy and the Legion?

Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2006, 02:40:36 PM »

It didn't. DC created the Zero Hour event in an attempt to wipe the Legion's history clean and start over because of the tremendous damage Superboy's absence caused as a result of the Crisis. Hal Jordan, as Parallax, was the center of that company-wide debacle when he tried to recreate the DC Universe in order to restore the destroyed population of Star City during the Reign of the Supermen story arc ... an event that drove him over the edge. DC tried to use Zero Hour to repair the damage done to the Legion ... or at least, sweep it under the rug.

Who goes there?!
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2006, 10:18:40 PM »

Spoilers here.

The Infinite Crisis special came out and they are saying that Superboy Prime's pounding on the wall that imprisoned them caused all the changed in the DC Universe over the past few years.  So, the Doom Partrol revamp and everything else is because of this.  His breaking out messed things up as well.

I wonder what DC will use ten years from now to explain all the problems they've caused with senseless changes?

TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2006, 12:25:16 AM »

Quote from: "DoctorZero"

I wonder what DC will use ten years from now to explain all the problems they've caused with senseless changes?

A doctor's note?

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L