superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "SONG OF THE EARTH!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:27:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Up for discussion: expanding Supermanica?  (Read 10091 times)
DrJohnnyDiablo
Supermen of America

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 06:47:35 AM »

IMHO, Supermanica should stay devoted to the Pre-MAN OF STEEL comics canon. However, I see no problem with including the Superman of Earth-A or other characters and info from Pre-Crisis comics outside of the Superman family of titles.

"New master didn't realize it am crime against Bizarro code to make anything perfect on Bizarro World! He is in trouble if his robots change shape of this planet into globe!"-Bizarro-Krypto(March, 1962)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 05:00:18 AM »

So what is the outcome of this?

Where do we stand now?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 04:24:49 AM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
So what is the outcome of this?

Where do we stand now?

I kind of assumed that we left it that we'd stick with the pre-Crisis Superman comic books.  Some people seem open to adding a few other classic sources, but it looks like my original suggestion of an analytical, artistic, outside-the-Supermanverse mega-site (analytical articles and analysis, tribute art, reviews, etc: sort of an open-source STTA) is a non-starter.

As far as adding more canonical sources, I suppose it's a question of figuring out which of them, if any, to consider for addition.

Any motions and seconds?  Anything moved and 2nded could be up for a vote...

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2006, 07:13:23 PM »

One source which is in the The Great Superman Book but somehow escape the website is NYWF : New York World's Fair Comics.

I think it should be added ASAP.

I have an entry ready to go.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2006, 11:08:12 PM »

Yeah, I say go for it on that, SM.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 12:54:27 AM »

He might be one of if not the most obscure Superman villians of them all, he dies at the end of the story.

I will go ahead and add him, then you can add him to the Canonical sources, or I can Smiley

It's from the The Great Superman Book, so I don't think anyone would object.

- Elliot S! Maggin
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2006, 08:43:04 PM »

There may be another solution to the problem. We may be purist about Supermanica's purpose, but that also doesn't change the fact that you, Rao, have too much to do. Just delegate responsibilites and take more of an editorial role. I'm sure that forum users would like to help out, in order to keep things rolling.

Here's an idea, for example- get volunteers, and create different email addresses. To one address, forward mailsack messages, to one forward scans, etc. Then give different people access to those addresses, who will be responsible for that particular job at their own pace. (One of the jobs could be transcribing the Great Superman Book, to keep that project rolling.) You could rotate on a quarterly basis, like many forums do.

As for me, just give me superboy.superman.nu so I can make a giant Superboy through the Ages website and post my Superboy Annual #1 scan! *Not so discreet giant hint* *hint*

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 06:07:42 AM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
I will go ahead and add him, then you can add him to the Canonical sources, or I can Smiley

It's from the The Great Superman Book, so I don't think anyone would object.

I think it's safe to assume that if Fleisher uses a source in TGSB, then we should consider at least that usage of it to be canonical.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L