superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonLois & Clark: The Ghost of Superman FutureHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GETTING AFFAIRS IN ORDER!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:49:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman ideas not in the comics that were great  (Read 10693 times)
lonewolf23k
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 04:36:51 AM »

I'd suggest my own twist on the "Lex's technology comes from Krypton" idea..

...Namely, that he finds some old Kryptonian probes (sent by Jor-El to scout the Earth), and showcasing brilliance far beyond normal Humans, reverse-engineers Kryptonian technology from those probes.

In short, Lex's super-science is based on Krypton tech, but is still the fruit of his own genius.

...Back on topic, I have to say that General Zod is now, to me, the definitive "Evil Kryptonian".  His portrayal in Superman II has made him eclipse Jax-Ur as the most Evil of Kryptonian Criminals.
shazamtd
Superman Family

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 03:00:00 PM »

Great Rao wrote:

Ro-Zan

In the Kirk Alyn serial, the Lowther novel, and the George Reeves series, the head of the Kryptonian council of Wisdom was named Ro-Zan. I don't know why, but I just think the name is really cool. I'd like to see it inserted into continuity and for the character to have a bigger role in the "destruction of Krypton" part of the origin. Maybe even give him some back-story.

Ro-Zan first appeared in the first episode of the radio show.  Smiley

An idea I like from the radio show is Perry White becoming mayor of Metropolis and cleaning up the crime and corruption in the city.

"Is there no one on this planet to even challenge me?!" - General Zod (Superman II)
llozymandias
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 11:55:27 PM »

Actually Kal-El learned kryptonian science & technology by reverse-engineering every example of it he found.  Luthor & Kal-El (& in the Marvel Universe Reed Richards & Victor von Doom) created their own super-technologies.  They are super-geniuses after all.  Luthor was created as a super-genius.  He is even more brilliant than Kal-El.  In the silver-age Kal was the one descibed as being "more intelligent than an army of Einsteins".  Obviously Julian Perez has never heard of Leonardo Da Vinci.  Leonardo was centuries ahead of his time.  Nikola Tesla was ahead of his time.  It's anyone's guess what Thomas Alva Edison could have acomplished if he had mastered mathematics.

John Martin, citizen of the omniverse.
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2006, 04:50:27 PM »

Quote from: "lonewolf23k"
...Back on topic, I have to say that General Zod is now, to me, the definitive "Evil Kryptonian".  His portrayal in Superman II has made him eclipse Jax-Ur as the most Evil of Kryptonian Criminals.

As crazy as I am about the Phantom Zone criminals (some of whom were not really "evil," like that Mad Prophet of Argo City and that monster-thing) I have to admit, General Zod received very, very kind treatment in the movies: in the comics, he was the unfortunate victim of "hey, that Kryptonian is my exact double" story, though that business about the army of clones was pretty cool.

The movie did him a real big favor. Now, when you think of General Zod, you think of this powerful, charismatic figure that scared the bejeesus out of you when you were five.

Quote from: "AlShroeder"
I rationalize it a little this way; though a great genuis, Lex early had contact with the Legion of Super-Heroes, and later, the Legion of Super-Villains and Brainiac from Colu. In each contact with superior technology, he had the smarts to see some new underlying principles and apply it to his own technology, Ditto with Lexor. And there was one story where Luthor and his men shrank down and took over Kandor---I'm sure he "borrowed" from Kryptonian technology also.

Good rationalization; I had forgotten all about the "Lex rules Kandor" story. Something like this incorporates a character into a background a lot better.

Though here's something to bake the noodle: what if the reason some of the Legion of Super-Heroes' 31st Century technology exists, is because Lex Luthor invented it? But...the way Lex Luthor invented it was because he found it in the 31st Century?

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
The Spider
Supermen of America

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2006, 06:48:46 AM »

Quote from: "Gangbuster Thorul"

- Krypto returned. Maggin's novella probably had a lot to do with this, as Jeph Loeb, his college roommate, reintroduced the character to comics,  and a tv show followed.

I kind of think it's worth noting that Jeph Loeb was publisher for Rob Liefeld's Awesome Entertainment back when they were publishing Alan Moore's SUPREME (although Moore's SUPREME was already being published long before Loeb came on board).  

And it makes me wonder.... Did Moore's SUPREME kind of pave the way for the return of Krypto and other things?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L