superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:46:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Same Bat-Time ...  (Read 10956 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: February 21, 2006, 05:36:30 AM »

... Same Bat-Channel!

S!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 05:25:09 PM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 08:08:30 AM »

Holy Lazarus Pit, Batman!  Look what came back from the dead!   :wink:

Thanks for reviving the Batman (Comics) Through the Ages, Great Rao.  I particularly appreciated the inclusion of the "forgotten" Earth-1 Jason Todd.  I always liked that kid, even though another orphaned circus acrobat strained credulity.  I had no great love for Jason's Post-Crisis incarnation, and though I usually hate killing off characters I wasn't altogether sorry to see him go.  (You can imagine my reaction to his apparent "return".)   :roll:

In his all-too-short career, Jason Todd of Earth-1 was an appealing character.  It was fun watching a new kid "learning the ropes", though Jay often found life difficult in Dick's old pixie boots.  (Villains with a grudge against the former Teen Wonder were all too happy to redirect their vendettas against the less-proficient newbie.)  He did forge an interesting partnership with Harvey Bullock, though.  Too bad Jason's complicated relationship with Nocturna was cut short by the Crisis.

While still essentially untrained as a detective, Jason Todd I was pretty sharp -- acting on Batman's hunch, he was among the first to realize that the Earths had merged during the Crisis.  And his shining moment was in "For the Man Who Has Everything" when he deal the finishing blow to MONGUL -- literally knocking out the galactic warlord with his own potted plant!   :wink:

DTO
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 01:19:10 PM »

Excellent, Rao (in best Monty Burns/Johnathan Harris voice)
Chris Mortimore
Superman's Pal

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 05:58:27 PM »

Cool Yay!

I can read the Autobiography of Bruce Wayne again.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of ones ignorance
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 11:52:47 PM »

First time for me.  Great stuff --answers my questions about Alan Brennert and his Earth-2 stories.  A nice compliment to the wedding of Mr and Mrs Superman.  Also nice to see George Freeman art.  Freeman made his name on Captain Canuck before freelancing for DC and Marvel.  He worked on the Jack of Hearts for the House of Ideas and a great Alan Moore Clayface story at the Distinguised Competition before I lost track of him.  In this story he takes some of the rubbery edge off of Joe Staton's lines.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 03:12:47 AM »

Post, people post...

Its "GOOD" Batman!!!!!!!! Cool

Well, wait, I can't find the forum yet, but still... Cool
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 05:00:59 AM »

By the way, Great Rao -- are there any more Batman stories you want scanned for this site?  Or perhaps more importantly, what stories you DON'T want to see (Bat-Mite, Ace the Bat-Hound, Alfred as the Outsider...)?   :wink:

I've been slowly collecting all the issues where Earth-1 Jason Todd appeared, so that covers most of the last Pre-Crisis Batman and Detective Comics.  I also have most of the Huntress backup stories in Wonder Woman.  

While I have (somewhere) both "Incident on Earth-Two" and "To Kill a Legend", these stories are already available in compilations.  Perhaps Brave and the Bold #184 (where Huntress pays a Christmas visit to "Uncle Bruce") might be a better choice?  Brave and the Bold #192 had Batman teaming up with Super...BOY?, which could also be accessed from the Superman Through the Ages site.  Usually Brave and the Bold can be VERY "out of continuity" (though not quite as bad as World's Finest), but the ones I cited seem OK.

DTO
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 12:10:43 PM »

I had never read the 'autobiography of bruce wayne' - good read. Theres a lot of broneze pre crisis stuff I never read because I had stopped paying attention to comics circa 74-75 when I had 'grown up'.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L