superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "SONG OF THE EARTH!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:44:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "Lost" Superman IV footage has been FOUND (OFF  (Read 4382 times)
Jor-El
Supermen of America

« on: February 22, 2006, 03:26:59 PM »

WWW.SUPERMANCINEMA.CO.UK

Look on the Krypton Council message boards on the site

Warners have confirmed that the lost footage from Superman IV will be included in the Superman boxset as deleted scenes

My world was destroyed and there were no other survivors who am i ?!?
Doug Barr
Supermen of America

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 05:48:05 PM »

I have heard that it was the footage that Richard Donner had shot for Superman 2 which had been found & restored,(with Brando) maybe this is in addition to IV

"IT TICKLES"
King Krypton
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 06:18:45 PM »

It's both. Donner's footage is being redited into a special director's cut. I don't know what's going to happen with the IV footage.

My first novella, Wounds of the Heart (http://www.booksurge.com/product.php3?bookID=IMPR02655-00001), has been published. Check it out, if you like.
Doug Barr
Supermen of America

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 08:58:00 PM »

I am really looking foreward to this "new" cut of 'Superman 2'. I remember, after having seen the 1st film, going to see the 2nd one & being slightly dissapointed. I dont know why Donner pulled out of the 2nd one, maybe it had something to do with losing Marlon Brando, but the 1st film had been so great.
   I had heard that the 2nd was really going to deal with Krypton, far more so than it ended up doing. That we would learn the nature of the conflict between Jor-El & Zod, what had led up to the opening scene of 'Superman 1', that Zod & his crew were coming to earth not suspecting that an heir of Jor- Els would be there, but recognizing him as soon as he saw him by the 'S' on the chest, which Jor El too had worn in the earlier film, this & the fact that they all shared the same super-powers.
    People who like the film as it is get angry with me over my dissapointment of the 2nd movie, just as they do when I voice the opinion that Tom Welling would have made a perfect Superman in the up-coming film, but I felt that 'Superman 2' got bogged down with the romance(It is, however, better than the films that came after it) The whole part of him insisting that he marry Lois Lane, even though it will cost the world 'Superman', I find it unreasonable & self indulgent.
   I have no idea how far Donner got with his version before he was replaced by Dick Lester (The Beatles director), but I hope he got pretty far. The 1st film is still, for me, the finest super -hero movie to have been done. The only other one that works as well as it does is animated;The Incredibles. Many people will snicker, as though 'Incredibles' were just a childs movie. Maybe it was, but it was a good one.And it works! It had more of the spirit of the early Kirby- Stan Lee comics in it than 'The Fantastic 4' would later have. I am no fan of that film,(Fantastic 4) the reasons why could fill another topic.I grew up a Marvel fan by the way.
  You know, I think maybe if you grew up a Marvel-guy, then a show like 'Smallville' will work a lot better for you maybe. Any film made on any Marvel character falls far short of the mark for me, like,I think, 'Smallville' does for guys who came up on DC.  But think about one thing, if a show can wake someone up to how really amazing a character was all along, can it be all bad?

"IT TICKLES"
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 06:41:42 AM »

Aww - I really like Smallville.  And I was always a DCU guy.  I hated Marvel (however, I wonder why I have so much in my collection.)  I was collecting Superman when it wasn't cool in gradeschool.  However, I think Tom Welling would have sucked in the part.  He flys for TV (not really now that I see the pun), but I think he's way too bashful to pull off the suit.  I really like Routh's attitude - he feels like royalty in the suit.  I think Welling does a good Clark though.

I also agree about the Superman 2 movie - especially since hearing Donner speak about Superman 1, and the blessings he's given Singer.  But it really worked as a comic book movie - but nowhere near the classic of #1.  From what I got, both Superman 1 and 2 were originally gonna be one movie.  That's the movie I want to see, especially in an era of 3 hour plus movies, I'd be there!  So - I suspect Donner got very far.  Very clever of Singer by the way.  Loosely basing the new movie on 1 and 2 gave some impetus to paying Donner to cut the 2nd one in line with his vision.

I read the novel of the 4th movie.  They really screwed up the movie in editing.  It probably would have flown like the 2nd had they kept it together.  I've seen some neat shots of Chris holding a taxi up with one finger.  That was cool!  But any coherency to that movie would be a quantum leap in the improvement of it.  And really, Chris never looked better in the suit as he did in that movie.

"If I print "She was stark naked"--& then proceeded to describe her person in detail, what critic would not howl?--but the artist does this & all ages gather around & look & talk & point." - Mark Twain
Doug Barr
Supermen of America

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 08:05:52 PM »

Craidoman, I really enjoyed your comments, I like it when people write from the heart without becoming personal. When a person gets personal it ends up reflecting more on themselves instead of their target.I have been guilty of this, & someone, mercifully, saw fit to edit it (thank you so much Rao, supermonkey, or whoever)
I  think 'Superman 1' could have been improved only by Luthor being played DRAMATICALLY! He needs to be shown reflecting on the possibilities of how un-stopable a team they would make. Lana needs to be told about Clarks powers alright, but only cauase Lex told her, then kicked her to the curb ( but this is more about Smallvile than it is my opinion on "SUPERMAN 1"
 I really believe that this is the place where issues such as these can be resolved, & if not really resolved, it is THE place to go to make an attempt to resolve these issues!   Thanks Rao      Thanks Supermonkey
Thanks everyone

"IT TICKLES"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L