superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:17:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E-2 Superman: Death of Character  (Read 13428 times)
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« on: February 22, 2006, 07:08:29 PM »

http://store1.yimg.com/I/wizarduniverse_1886_58206219

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 08:25:27 PM »

Oops!  Does that qualify as a spoiler?

Not really.  Anyone who thought DC could still pull this series off with anything like dignity and respect for its history should go sit in the corner.

You know who you are.

This looks like a job for...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 08:46:58 PM »

Well, that's a Wizard cover not a DC comic, so don't get too excited, but if it's true, I wouldn't want to say I told you so, but (fill in the blank).

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 09:04:16 PM »

I read a preview of that issue of Spiderman.  Written by JMS and the new costume looks pretty cool.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 10:19:01 PM »

I certainly hope that's just Wizard's outlook on things.

I'm not excited about Spiderman's new costume.  Too Iron Man looking for me.

Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 03:38:09 AM »

Quote from: "DoctorZero"
I certainly hope that's just Wizard's outlook on things.

It's got to be, because it doesn't mean anything.  Outlook on what?  What is that cover supposed to be a picture of?  E-1 and E-2 getting smashed together?  That already happened 20 years ago.  The new E-2 Superman is all about bringing E-2 back - I don't see how that picture could be interpreted as illustrating such an event.  Nor could it even be the destruction of the DCU (as the Wizard cover seems to claim) since there is only one Earth in the DCU, so that other one couldn't have come from anyplace.

Besides, we already learned in JSA that it's Power Girl, not Superman, who is going to decide the DCU's outcome.

I think this is just a Wizard concept cover that's attempting to say something but really means nothing.

I'm not excited about Spiderman's new costume.  Too Iron Man looking for me.

You're right, Spidey's new costume is somewhat Iron Man looking.  Probably because Tony Stark designed it.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 08:02:44 PM »

Oh, man, Superdickery is going to have a FIELD DAY with that cover.

Not to sound all sniveling and Gollum-like, but "...the master would never hurtses us!" C'mon, this is Geoff Johns, the guy that treated the crossdressing, butch female Red Tornado with dignity and respect; you think he can't spare a cup of that for the first Superhero ever?

But hey, WIZARD magazine wouldn't jump to crazy conclusions, right? I mean, that might compromise their storied reputation for journalistic integrity!

Now, is it wrong of me to find that, on a cover where some artist messes with the classic Ditko Spider-Man duds, Superman looks all wild-eyed and crazy banging earths together, that the single most terrifying thing on that cover is the idea of FAMILY GUY comics? Oy.

What happened to those grand old TOP CAT comics and the ADVENTURES OF BOB HOPE? Now, don't get me wrong, I love flatulence and midgets as much as the next red blooded comedy lover, but FAMILY GUY's alternation of "shock value" gags like Hitler having his own talk show with pop culture references to stuff like Gilligan's Island never impressed me.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 09:46:35 PM »

Not to sound all sniveling and Gollum-like, but "...the master would never hurtses us!" C'mon, this is Geoff Johns, the guy that treated the crossdressing, butch female Red Tornado with dignity and respect; you think he can't spare a cup of that for the first Superhero ever?

He's already turned Superboy Prime into a murderer and currently writes Kal-L as a naive lackey to Alex Luthor with a Parallex-fetish.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L