superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:11:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes Animated Series concept sketches  (Read 8095 times)
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« on: February 27, 2006, 03:40:12 PM »

http://www.nuvo.net/blog/wayneb/archives/008473.html

It's good to see Timber Wolf in his old Curt Swan designed Silver Age togs.

Krypto the Super-Dog was a wildly entertaining show - hopefully, they won't drop the ball here.

Their choices are interesting: Superboy, Phantom Girl, Saturn Girl, Brainiac 5 (also in his Silver Age gear), Timber Wolf (who looks like he has his 5-year gap era Furball powers, which I loved the look of, but disliked what it did to his character; here it looks like best of both worlds), and XS from the Peyer years as the required ethnic Legionnaire. Is that Bouncing Boy, Chuck Taine, I see in the background?

WHY, I DO BELIEVE IT IS!  Cheesy

I'm not crazy about the Japanime style (as much I love, and still love SCIENCE NINJA TEAM GATCHAMAN) but then again, I loved the Batman animated show and the "simplified, blocky" animated style bugged me there, too.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 03:46:46 PM »

what exactly is XS's race?
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 04:15:39 PM »

and here is Clark as Superboy...

Cheesy

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 05:32:22 PM »

Quote from: "sikkbones"
what exactly is XS's race?

XS is Jenni Ognats of Aarok, a member of the "Zero Hour" Legion (1996-2004).  She's the daughter of Dawn Allen Ognats, one of the "Tornado Twins", so Jenni is the grand-daughter of Barry Allen and the cousin of Bart Allen (Kid Flash, formerly Impulse).

XS was one of the more appealling new members of this Legion incarnation.  She is currently lost somewhere in the timestream with most of her fellow Legionnaires (making way for the Waid reboot), but it's interesting to see her in the proposed animated Legion.  Perhaps the show needs a dedicated speedster, though I suspect her ancestry will be retconned to Wally West rather than Barry.

DTO
celacanto
Superman's Pal

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 07:31:39 PM »

I would prefer a more realistic approach, more now that the JLU show has ended (what a mazing final fight between supes and darkseid). but who knows maybe would be a great series.

MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 11:09:06 PM »

The sketches are just too stylized for me, but I guess, wait and see...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 12:24:51 AM »

I don't care about that, as long as it teaches children that the REAL Superboy is a young Superman and his teenage name is Clark Kent.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 04:13:45 AM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
I don't care about that, as long as it teaches children that the REAL Superboy is a young Superman and his teenage name is Clark Kent.

Stick that in yer reboot........and smoke it. :wink:

I still have a crush on Saturn Girl...sad...I know.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L