superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:32:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes Animated Series concept sketches  (Read 8269 times)
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 04:21:52 AM »

Yeah (sheepish), me too... Cool
Dial H For Hero
Supermen of America

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 06:52:00 PM »

Not a big fan of the exaggerated style, but I'll give the show a chance. Nice to see Superboy is a member, and that there's a general Silver Age influence.
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 07:22:10 PM »

I would argue that the reason Bouncing Boy gets no respect is because he, like Hawkman, was created for the wrong medium. If your power is flying, you don't look at all interesting on a page; you just "hang" there. Bouncing Boy, when you add movement around, suddenly has a power that seems much more impressive. Imagine him bouncing and flipping around at high speeds!

Frankly, I can't wait to see the villains they're going to use. Universo? Dig his egg-bald pate. You know, some bald people are pretty much not evil, though you wouldn't see that in Superman-related comics.

Mordru? It would be interesting to hear him talk; a friend of mine at my comics store have a standing wager that when Mordru talks he has this thick Sean Connery-esque accent, and finally we can have something to solve this particular bet.

I hope they bring in Sun Boy. He was my personal favorite Legionnaire, and it's telling that in the Legion, where everyone has such great costumes, that his costume stands out above the rest, with the fins, collar, and the red and yellow.

Ditto for Matter Eater Lad. His power is so insane that it HAS to be set to celluloid.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 07:36:22 PM »

You friend isnt the only one who thinks Mordru should sound like Connery. My pals over at the Silver Age Legion site have been saying that for years!
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 07:43:50 PM »

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
You friend isnt the only one who thinks Mordru should sound like Connery. My pals over at the Silver Age Legion site have been saying that for years!

A good site, except they think a good choice to play Bouncing Boy would be The Monkey's Uncle himself, Tommy Kirk. No freakin' way.

Gidget as Light Lass? Over Jim Shooter's dead body!

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006, 09:22:28 PM »

That was if a LSH flick was done in the early 1960s  - I liked Natalie Wood as Triplicate Girl myself. I think the bulk of those choices were suggested by a reader who wrote to the Adventure LOC back then.

Have you seen their LSH trailer using Curt Swan art ala Marvel Super Heroes original cartoon show where they manipulated Kirby comic panels right from the page?

Heh - I even contributed my rather sad attempt at vocal thesping for both Brainiac 5 and Tharok.  Explains a lot about me. lol
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L