superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonSuperman Through the Ages!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:30:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC #5 - Super Spoilers  (Read 11553 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: March 02, 2006, 12:13:51 AM »

Infinite Crisis #5 Crisis Counseling:

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=3ba21bd3a6a106060afb630bf05c6b53&threadid=61342

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 12:38:31 AM »

From now on, whenever something doesn't strike me well in the DC world, past or present, its because soemeone is "pounding on the walls of reality" and shifting things around... Cool
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 12:44:29 AM »

hehehe, it's the lamest excuse ever for crappy writing.

"See Bryne isn't a crappy writer, he was stinking it up on purpose to further the storyline I just made up."

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 12:52:38 AM »

ok, actual spoilers:

Superboy-Prime returns with the Anti-Monitor suit. Thus lame action figure.

There was an Earth-8 and these were the people from there:

Breach, Kyle Rayner, jason Rusch (Firestorm), and Helena Bertinelli (Huntress) were from Earth 8. Prior to the original Crisis. Breach is/was Earth 8's Capt Atom.

Lois Lane of Earth-2 dies... Superman of Earth-2 loses it and Iron Age Superman is in deep trouble as he gets to try and clam down E2-Superman, and gets his butt kicked.

Wonder Woman speaks to her E2 counterpart, and the Golden Age Wonder Woman dies.

Sliver Age Flash returned again and went away again.

Alex Luthor master plan is to bring back the multiverse, then mix and match to make the perfect Earth. But he only brings back the Earths in the same universe, that can't be good.

- Elliot S! Maggin
King Krypton
Superman Family

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 01:56:10 AM »

What's really sad is that  "One Year Later" is already underway (and off to a promising start, at least for Batman), and Heap Big Event is way behind schedule.

By the time IC ends, it's going to be mighty anti-climactic.

My first novella, Wounds of the Heart (http://www.booksurge.com/product.php3?bookID=IMPR02655-00001), has been published. Check it out, if you like.
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 03:16:16 AM »

I picked up the issue today and was anxious for Super Monkey to post his comments/review on the issue.

Very odd occurances in this issue.  Alexander Luthor's plan seems obviously flawed, to say the least.
How did he recreate all the earths?  And why are they all in the same universe?  
Now, with Batman, great move bringing back Comissioner Gordon.  I like the idea of Jim Gordon and Batman working together to make Gotham a better place once again.

King Krypton
Superman Family

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 04:24:11 AM »

You'd be amazed by how many Iron Age fanboys are unhappy that Gordon's back as the commish. "Why does everything have to move backward? Why can't we leave Gordon, Bullock, and Alfred behind and bring in new characters? We want to move forward, not backward!"

Meanwhile, the classic Batman fans are happy to see the old guard back in the saddle. So I guess we're seeing phase one of Batman getting his groove back on. By the way, IC #6 is supposed to settle the official origins of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. Let's hope most of the Byrne/Miller-era stuff gets swept out.

My first novella, Wounds of the Heart (http://www.booksurge.com/product.php3?bookID=IMPR02655-00001), has been published. Check it out, if you like.
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 06:34:50 AM »

It won't matter if the Byrne origin is swept under the rug or not. If Superman continues to be written like he has the past 20 years, then the stories will still be bad.

IMO, all you need to know about Superman's origin is summed up on the first page of All-Star Superman #1.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L