superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:18:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crisis Body Count  (Read 4113 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: March 02, 2006, 10:39:20 PM »

Viva la Iron Age Wink

I hope this is all leading to something good, anyway here is the death count so far:

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=61480

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 11:16:23 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
I hope this is all leading to something good

I haven't read IC 5 yet, but my suspicion is this:

One year later will be, in itself, great.  The preview of the first Busiek/Johns issue looked really good.

IC is not worth the time or money.  It's a twisted and evil blood-bath, just ignore it.  Better yet, ignore Crisis on Infinite Earths, ignore everything from Andy Helfer/Byrne/Wolfman through Dan Jurgens, Mike Carlin, and Eddie Berganza (who meant well but was under the Carlin thumb) - then ignore Infinite Crisis.

Just start straight from One Year Later, we don't need the "explanation" for why the Iron-Age continuity will be changing, such a concern is not worth knowing about.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Superman Forever
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 11:17:09 PM »

Infinite Crisis is just crap, and the Didio's reasons for the series seem to be fabricated. He said that the Crisis was needed to establish a new brighter tone to the DC Universe, because it was getting darker. That can't be true, because Waid, Morrison and Loeb have already began this movement since Flash and JLA. I think it's just the opposite of what he said. The DCU was getting too optimistic with the said creators, and Didio wanted more Iron Age. Hence, Infinite Crisis, Teen Titans, Meltzer, Johns, The Omac project etc. He forced a return to the Dark Age, just to do a false return to brightness when what will prevail is each creator's own idealism: Meltzer is on Justice League, Rucka on Checkmate, Johns on Teen Titans. Waid is on LSH. Morrison on Batman and All Star Superman, Busiek on Superman. There is no unified tone.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 04:32:13 PM »

and here is part 2: http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=61597

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 06:37:48 PM »

Other than Lois Lane from E-2 who were these folks? And again, dont care.

Wotta mess//////
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 06:58:33 PM »

Again, pretty much what I expected.  A lot of characters nobody cares about die to impart a sense of gravity and import to a story created for the sole purpose of making a change in editorial direction in DC's books, a change that could just has easily have been made with a one-page message to readers that said: "Folks, we're starting over next month."  Or, if it was the old days, with no notice at all.

COIE, Zero Hour and now this.   :roll:

On the other hand, I'm still holding out hope the bat-books will be good when this is all over.  I haven't read the first "One Year Later" issue of Detective yet, but I heard the fan-boys complaining about it in a comic shop yesterday, and that's good enough for me!

I have to confess the previews I've seen on-line of OYL Superman (or Action was it?) look interesting, too.

This looks like a job for...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L