superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:46:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the multiverse have only ONE Mr. Mxyzptlk?  (Read 15589 times)
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 07:32:40 AM »

Well, Worlds Funnest IS canon.. with Hypertime, isn't everything DC ever published "in continuity"? ;-)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 10:59:21 AM »

but Hypertime isn't canon and hasn't been for years.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 09:17:33 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
but Hypertime isn't canon and hasn't been for years.

WHAT?!?!?!?  I don't read Dreck Comics much anymore...  Everytime they give us hope that the Multiverse is out there, they pull it away...

I thought Hypertime was used quite a bit...

You know, despite what day of the week it is now... whatever way the wind blows... that's what's canon.  At least Schwartz and company honored the past and entertained the fans, however convoluted the past was.  Nowadays, I think too much emphasis is put on art and profit.

I don't read much DC anymore since what they're passing off as Superman, Batman, etc aer not the same characters I loved when I was collecting and reading. The Crisis ruined it all for me...
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006, 10:29:40 PM »

I don't keep up at all...

My problem with hypertime is that introduced the chance of SO many alternate possibilities that it might actually be true for once that fans might not be able to keep track...and it seems that the new maxim of changes wrought by Superboy Prime in the paradise dimension accounts for things...take your pick, I suppose...
Solo
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2006, 07:26:32 AM »

I thought a question like that wittily skewered the whole continuity obsession! Mr. Mxyzptlk don't need no stinking badges! He's way beyond that sort of thing.

Now, Bat-Mite is a different story...

crispy snax
Superman Family

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2007, 09:54:06 PM »

didnt the last pre crisis superman story involve  mxy becoming a mad god? i dont really like the idea of mxy becoming a big, reality altering bad god (i mean havent we got enough of these allready?) but i like the idea that one mxy goes evil and mad, while the 40s mxy shoes himself back in as the post crisis mxy, and then goes on to get quite sentimental about superman.

it would make an interesting story to see superman and mxy team up to fight the big mad god mxy of E-1

but thats just me maybes,
Mighty Man
Superman Fan

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2007, 02:30:20 PM »

One Mxyzptlk, One Darkseid.

That is what some writer said awhile ago when the multiverse was up and working back in the late 80s.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2007, 04:33:14 PM »

There are two Darkseids now, since the pre-crisis version was different than the current less powerful version. Well, I don't know if he nows has all his power back, but last time i saw him he was getting beat up by a 2nd rate hulk clone.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L