superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes Newton<Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:19:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP, Dana Reeve...  (Read 5689 times)
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« on: March 07, 2006, 01:38:14 PM »

I have just learned that Christopher Reeve's widow, Dana, has just passed away from lung cancer.  

They BOTH fly with the angels now.  

RIP, Mrs. Reeve.  

Gernot...

Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 01:41:05 PM »

Too young, too soon :cry:
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 01:46:18 PM »

I JUST found she was MY age.  darn...

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 03:22:04 PM »

here is an article: http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2006-03-07-reeve-obit_x.htm?csp=27

RIP  Sad

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 11:39:54 PM »

Along with Kirby Puckett, two younger people in one day...

RIP...
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 03:57:28 AM »

My thoughts go out to Christopher and Dana's 13-year-old son, Will.  This is a terrible blow for a young person still missing his father.

And does anyone find it somewhat jarring that just as DC fans are discussing the death of the Earth-2 Lois Lane-Kent in "Infinite Crisis #5", we are suddenly confronted with a TRUE tragedy -- the all-too-soon passing of a REAL "Mrs. Superman", whose steadfast devotion to her husband and tireless campaigning for spinal cord research (even after being diagnosed for lung cancer) made for a love story that surpasses anything DC can ever write about the fictional Lois and Clark?

On this Earth-Prime, a Superman truly found a Woman of Steel to be his wife.  And now these two heroic people are together again, in the real place where "there will be no fear, only peace... everlasting peace."

Farewell and thank you, Dana Reeve.

DTO
Lee Semmens
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 11:27:50 AM »

Terrible news, and she was only a year younger than I am.

I feel most sorry for her young son - what a great tragedy to lose both his parents in only a couple of years, and both far too young.
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 02:28:54 AM »

Quote from: "dto"
My thoughts go out to Christopher and Dana's 13-year-old son, Will.  This is a terrible blow for a young person still missing his father.

And does anyone find it somewhat jarring that just as DC fans are discussing the death of the Earth-2 Lois Lane-Kent in "Infinite Crisis #5", we are suddenly confronted with a TRUE tragedy -- the all-too-soon passing of a REAL "Mrs. Superman", whose steadfast devotion to her husband and tireless campaigning for spinal cord research (even after being diagnosed for lung cancer) made for a love story that surpasses anything DC can ever write about the fictional Lois and Clark?

On this Earth-Prime, a Superman truly found a Woman of Steel to be his wife.  And now these two heroic people are together again, in the real place where "there will be no fear, only peace... everlasting peace."

Farewell and thank you, Dana Reeve.

I find it ironic that now their son is an orphan, just like the famous character his father played. :-(

RIP, Dana.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L