superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:58:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Powerstone.  (Read 6264 times)
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« on: March 18, 2006, 01:50:46 PM »

Hello,I have decided to create a custom action figure of Lex Luthor of Earth-2, and reading vary references on the character I have read that for a sure period of its history it has used like a weapon against Superman, the Powerstone, please someone can give me some reference to this mystic artefact? Maybe a picture?

Thanks for the help.

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 04:27:14 PM »

Interesting that you should bring up the Powerstone story.

It's actually a two-parter - the first installement was published in Action Comics #47 (1942).  If you want to read it, it was reprinted in Les Daniels' book, Superman: The Complete History.  I don't remember what issue number contained part two.

The "Powerstone" was a stone from another planet with scientfic properties that gave Luthor powers as great as, or greater than, those of Superman.  He was also able to use it to immobilize Superman.

Many speculate that this story was originally the intended sequel to "K-Metal" before it was re-written to make Professor Winton's K-Metal fragment into a slightly-different Powerstone.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 06:00:29 PM »

I just added the Powerstone to the supermanica Smiley

http://superman.nu/wiki/index.php?title=Powerstone&rcid=7478

If I find a pic I will let you know.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 06:11:25 PM »

and... It has been found and added.

S!

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 02:00:45 AM »

Great!
I didn't expect an answer so fast to my question! For me that i live in Italy it's very difficult finding reference to the old adventure of Superman,but now all of you gave somenthing to work about for my little project on creating a gallery of the various incarnation of the Man of Steel(yes,i know it's not a very original idea but the set of action figure created by DC for DC DIRECT it's not so good for me,so i decided to work over the Superman Silver Age figure and the Justice League figure).

Thanks for the help guys!

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 04:56:48 AM »

In the picture that Beppo added to Supermanica - the powerstone is the gem in the statue's forehead - it's not one of the rocks that Luthor is tossing around.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 11:38:21 AM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"
In the picture that Beppo added to Supermanica - the powerstone is the gem in the statue's forehead - it's not one of the rocks that Luthor is tossing around.

S!

Yeah,i see.
I remember the first time i see the powerstone was long time ago in a card with image of the golden age-Earth-2 Lex Luthor that it used the powerstone against superman,it's just that i don't have this card anymore and i can't remember exactly the shape of the gem, this one is the image of the character who I have in mind and that I would want to realize.

likecats
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 06:19:00 AM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"
Interesting that you should bring up the Powerstone story.

It's actually a two-parter - the first installement was published in Action Comics #47 (1942).  If you want to read it, it was reprinted in Les Daniels' book, Superman: The Complete History.  I don't remember what issue number contained part two.

The second part was in Superman #17 (1942). Both stories were reprinted in the 100pg. Superman #252 (1972). I enjoyed them in the 100-pager so much as a kid that I later sought out and bought the original issues.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L