superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:46:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Williams///Ottman  (Read 6479 times)
KavMan
Supermen of America

« on: March 19, 2006, 11:44:05 PM »

Does anyone know the music score being used in Returns is?

In the teaser and in the offical, John Williams original score was used. But is John Ottman doing a takeoff of that score, or is he doing something completly new?

Did you hear the Superman Lives theme? I have mixed feelings on that one!
http://www.supermansupersite.com/themes.html

Would you like to here something new - get a new theme tune in your head, or is Williams' one a classic, and stay in the Superman movie world?

[cK]

Swell
The Last Son
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 05:10:49 AM »

I personally think that Williams' theme is timeless and worth keeping. To me it sounds as though Williams took the 40s Fleicher theme, cranked the orchestration and epic-ness to 11 and ran with it. It seems to retain the same melody, just changed a bit. I also really like the 1996 Animated Series theme. It really seems to capture the bombast and adventure of Superman so well. And I know it's not strictly "Superman", but the Justice League animated series (not Unlimited) is fantastic. Sorry if I went a bit off topic.

This amazing stragner from the planet Krypton!
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 09:10:53 PM »

From what i understand it will be a simple takeoff from the original score,
and this because director Bryan Singer really love the comic book character and respect their history.
I know that someone may disagree with me because it has not appreciate the new costume that our hero wears in the new movie,but i think that some little change are inevitable for satisfy both old and new fan.

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
King Krypton
Superman Family

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 12:33:44 AM »

Singer's definitely keeping the Williams fanfare. Not everyone's happy about it (some think the music is dated and outlived its usefulness), but he's using it. There's also going to be an opening credit sequence very similar to the 1978 opening titles.

Hey, anything's better than slapstick stupidity on the city streets, right?

My first novella, Wounds of the Heart (http://www.booksurge.com/product.php3?bookID=IMPR02655-00001), has been published. Check it out, if you like.
KavMan
Supermen of America

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 12:37:40 AM »

Don't even talk about the street sequence. That's the worst thing even in the world of Superman, exect Lex Luthor having real hair in THE QUEST FOR PEACE: SUPERMAN IV. Can anyone explane that. He was bald, and wore a wig in I & II, and in IV, He was going bald, losing his real hair. EXPLANE!!!

[cK]

Swell
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 07:33:31 AM »

Quote from: "KavMan"
Don't even talk about the street sequence. That's the worst thing even in the world of Superman, exect Lex Luthor having real hair in THE QUEST FOR PEACE: SUPERMAN IV. Can anyone explane that. He was bald, and wore a wig in I & II, and in IV, He was going bald, losing his real hair. EXPLANE!!!

[cK]

One of the many budget limitations that plagued the film.  They couldn't afford a bald wig, and they couldn't afford a hair wig.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
shazamtd
Superman Family

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 05:54:11 PM »

Quote from: "King Krypton"
Singer's definitely keeping the Williams fanfare. Not everyone's happy about it (some think the music is dated and outlived its usefulness), but he's using it. There's also going to be an opening credit sequence very similar to the 1978 opening titles.

Hey, anything's better than slapstick stupidity on the city streets, right?

How do they think the Superman theme is dated?  I wonder if those people feel the same way about the Star Wars theme.

"Is there no one on this planet to even challenge me?!" - General Zod (Superman II)
KavMan
Supermen of America

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 06:15:36 PM »

Well said!!! I agree. I have the score downloaded on my computer and it is still as fresh as it was in 1978.

[cK]

Swell
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L