superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:39:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Williams///Ottman  (Read 6473 times)
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 10:03:07 PM »

I really love the Superman theme Cheesy ,is one of my favorite,how can some people judge so hard things that have worked so well for many years?

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 10:04:32 PM »

Quote from: "shazamtd"
Quote from: "King Krypton"
Singer's definitely keeping the Williams fanfare. Not everyone's happy about it (some think the music is dated and outlived its usefulness), but he's using it. There's also going to be an opening credit sequence very similar to the 1978 opening titles.

Hey, anything's better than slapstick stupidity on the city streets, right?

How do they think the Superman theme is dated?  I wonder if those people feel the same way about the Star Wars theme.

I have the feeling that sometimes writer/director who are taking over on  alredy existing character,their first move is to "erase" from his background the things that they hate,and don't giving a darn if such characteristics are loved by the audience,we have seen so many times happens in comics history.

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
King Krypton
Superman Family

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 05:16:13 AM »

Quote from: "shazamtd"
Quote from: "King Krypton"
Singer's definitely keeping the Williams fanfare. Not everyone's happy about it (some think the music is dated and outlived its usefulness), but he's using it. There's also going to be an opening credit sequence very similar to the 1978 opening titles.

Hey, anything's better than slapstick stupidity on the city streets, right?

How do they think the Superman theme is dated?  I wonder if those people feel the same way about the Star Wars theme.

Some of them hate the Donner movies and want no ties to them at all.

Some of them think the Williams theme is too tied to Donner/Reeve to be relevant in a new era, and want a new theme in its place.

And then there a few crazy people who hate Williams' music and wanted their pet composer to get the gig. But they're the minority view. The bulk of the Williams naysayers either think the theme's a relic of the past or just plain don't want any ties to Donner's film at all.

Don't even talk about the street sequence. That's the worst thing even in the world of Superman, exect Lex Luthor having real hair in THE QUEST FOR PEACE: SUPERMAN IV. Can anyone explane that. He was bald, and wore a wig in I & II, and in IV, He was going bald, losing his real hair. EXPLANE!!!

Given Luthor's scientific acumen, it's possible he might have tried to cure his baldness and only had partial success. It's not like it would be out of character for him to try.

My first novella, Wounds of the Heart (http://www.booksurge.com/product.php3?bookID=IMPR02655-00001), has been published. Check it out, if you like.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L