superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:45:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's Play The Superhero Quote Game  (Read 4687 times)
KavMan
Supermen of America

« on: March 20, 2006, 11:58:41 AM »

Easy as eating pie... Write a quote from anyone in the superhero criteria --- Comics, Movies, T.V, Novels, etc...

Answer to it, then post you're own.

Easy!!!

To kick it off, here's one

You will take pictures and record my work... You will join me in the avant-garde of the new aesthetic.

[cK]

Swell
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 01:04:28 PM »

Hmmm... Is that Jack Nicholson in Batman?

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 03:15:04 AM »

Ooooh!

I've got a couple. You don't have to name the EXACT issue, just the context and speaker.

"GREAT PEGASUS! Crime machines, under REMOTE CONTROL!"

"Bye bye, Spider-Man! I combined a KUNG FU blow, my SUPER-STRENGTH, and an ELECTRICAL attack! You're over and OUT!"

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 01:03:03 PM »

My girlfriend became my arch-enemy; my arch-enemy became by best friend; and my best friend became my girlfriend.  Hey, that's high school.
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 05:42:10 PM »

Quote from: "ShinDangaioh"
My girlfriend became my arch-enemy; my arch-enemy became by best friend; and my best friend became my girlfriend.  Hey, that's high school.

That would be the speech at the tail end of SKY HIGH by young Will Stronghold.

Remember a few months ago, I wrote an article about the fifteen greatest superhero movies ever? It was out of date the second SKY HIGH came out. What an absolutely wonderful, humorous picture! It was everything I came to see. You'd think all those young actors would be overshadowed by powerhouses like Kurt Russell, Lynda Carter, and that guy whose name escapes me at the moment but who stars in a lot of zombie movies. Not so - those kids held their own.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 03:04:56 AM »

Quote from: "JulianPerez"
and that guy whose name escapes me at the moment but who stars in a lot of zombie movies. Not so - those kids held their own.

Bruce Campbell.

Adventure Comics #364
Amazing Spider-Man #42
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 10:49:20 PM »

Quote from: "Uncle Mxy"
Adventure Comics #364
Amazing Spider-Man #42

*DING*DING*DING*DING*DING*

Right on the first one, but I'll have to only give partial credit because it didn't identify the speaker.

Wrong on the second one, and let me give a hint by saying that it's also the wrong comic book, too - look in the neighborhood of MARVEL TEAM-UP.

Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 02:56:39 AM »

A Comet for your thoughts, 50 Bellerophons to act it out.

And yeah, I totally Google-guessed on the Spidey one, as opposed to actually knowing the vicinity of where it came from.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L