superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:59:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PREVIEW IMAGE OF ALL-STAR SUPES#5  (Read 6615 times)
alschroeder
Superman Emergency Squad

« on: March 20, 2006, 03:11:58 PM »

Go to newsarma, at http://www.newsarama.com/WWLA06/DC/DCU_OYL.html ----there's our Clark, cowering BEHIND Lex Luthor, who's keeping Clark from being mauled.  I wonder what Clark got jailed for---not revealing his sources? (Oh, it's half way down the page.)

Anyway, looks like another fun issue.  I LOVE how the artist makes Clark look different, in posture and attitude, from Supes.---Al

Al Schroeder III, former letterhack (met his wife through Julie Schwartz' lettercolumns) of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com---think the superhero genre is mined out? Think there are no new superhero ideas?

Think again.
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 07:55:02 PM »

You're so right about my main man Quitely; Clark Kent is clearly drawn almost like a different person. I have near infinite admiration for Curt Swan, and Curt Swan was able to do the same for Superboy - give him a sweater and glasses and so forth, there's no way anybody would ever guess that Clark is Superboy (though Swan's Superman looked just like his usual "good looking guy" only in a blue suit). But this, though, man, this looks great!

Though Clark Kent going to jail? Oh, boy. It's a good thing he's apparently friends with Lex Luthor. In the slammer, don't they use guys like Clark as currency? Not that I have much experience going to jail (thankfully, undertipping isn't a crime...yet) but don't you have to beat someone up the first day?

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 08:06:50 PM »

here is a direct link: http://www.newsarama.com/WWLA06/DC/ASSM_Cv5.jpg

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 09:33:15 PM »

A possible homage to the old Swan-strated Superboy yarn "Clark Kent - Lex Luthor CELL MATES!"?

Only if Lex is robbing Pa Kent's store with mechano-marvels/
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 10:53:30 AM »

Oh, I love the Cellmates story! Clark passing through that metal detector.

I suppose it must have been inspired by some contemporary film -- was there a Juvenile Detention Centre movie being screened at the time?

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 11:01:23 AM »

There were always JD movies in vogue altho that story has more in vogue with 1950s buddy prison flicks...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L