superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonSupermanicaHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:57:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE KRYPTON COMPANION is coming!  (Read 10048 times)
Continental Op
Superman Family

« on: March 24, 2006, 01:38:20 AM »

A new trade paperback from TwoMorrows covering the history of the Silver AND Bronze Age Superman has been announced on the www.twomorrows.com website!

THE KRYPTON COMPANION ($29 with Shipping costs included)

"224 page Trade Paperback - by Michael Eury
THE KRYPTON COMPANION unlocks the secrets of Superman’s Silver and Bronze Ages, the days when kryptonite came in multiple colors and super-pets scampered across the skies! Writer/editor Michael Eury explores the legacy of classic Superman editors MORT WEISINGER and JULIUS SCHWARTZ through all-new interviews with NEAL ADAMS, MURPHY ANDERSON, CARY BATES, RICH BUCKLER, NICK CARDY, JOSÉ LUIS GARCÍA-LÓPEZ, KEITH GIFFEN, ELLIOT S! MAGGIN, JIM MOONEY, DENNIS O’NEIL, BOB OKSNER, MARTIN PASKO, BOB ROZAKIS, JIM SHOOTER, LEN WEIN, MARV WOLFMAN, and other fan favorites! Plus: Super-artist CURT SWAN’s 1987 essay “Drawing Superman,” JERRY SIEGEL’s “lost” imaginary story “The Death of Clark Kent,” MARK WAID’s tribute to Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes, Superman’s appearances in the media and in Marvel Comics, and rare and previously unpublished artwork by Swan, Adams, WAYNE BORING, ALAN DAVIS, ADAM HUGHES, PAUL SMITH, BRUCE TIMM, and other Super-stars. Bonus: A roundtable discussion with modern-day creators (including JOHN BYRNE, JEPH LOEB, and ALEX ROSS) examining Superman’s influential past! Plus a (last-page) Introduction by Bizarro No. 1 (by Seinfeld writer David Mandel), and a super cover by DAVE GIBBONS! "

If it's anything like the other TwoMorrows "companions" it will be worth the wait, but it will also be published at least a few months LATER than they claim it will (right now thye have it as shipping in July).
Lee Semmens
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 10:59:22 AM »

Great news!

I've been waiting for years for something like this to be published, since TwoMorrow's All-Star Companion came out - hopefully it'll be very similar in concept.

I would have liked the Golden Age Superman to be covered too, but I'm grateful for this at least .

Too bad Mort, Julie, Wayne, and Curt aren't still around to have been interviewed as well.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 12:59:56 PM »

This sounds fantastic!  I agree Two Morrows does excellent work on this kind of project (though I also agree they can tend to run late; the Jim Aparo book they promised for Christmas later had a revised due date of June!  Now it's supposedly "sold out" with no reprints available til December 2015!!!! That's gotta be a mis-type! :shock: ) and Silver/Bronze Age Superman is a vast, fascinating area of comics history long overdue for this treatment.

Wasn't Telle just asking about this kind of material in another thread?

And as the solicit says, that is indeed a "super cover by Dave Gibbons!"

http://twomorrows.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=386&zenid=6d8cbda84d8598a0cf64fdf14f728588

This looks like a job for...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 03:54:44 PM »

Great Idea and a great cover!

I will be getting this once it is released.

There are a few nice books on the Golden Age Superman, but none other than the TGSB for this era.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 08:48:29 PM »

I'm not sure to buy it. I'm very interested in this book, but I don't know if I want to spend 29 Dollars...

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 09:03:47 PM »

Keep an eye out at venues like Tales Of Wonder.com, and you're liable to snag it for about 30% less.

This looks like a job for...
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 07:08:40 AM »

It does look neat, Dave Gibbons cover and all.  At first I thought it would be soemthing like TGSB but I'm happy to read that it is more like a glorified fanzine.  Still looking for early fannish writings on Superman, though...

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Avilos
Supermen of America

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 07:44:46 PM »

Has anyone else ordered this? Received it yet? I ordered it from Amazon because they have it cheaper. But they have not shipped it yet making me think they have no copies yet. Twomorrow said it was available on July 26. Has anyone who ordered it from them got a confirmation yet?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L