superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe Krypton ChroniclesHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:33:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE KRYPTON COMPANION is coming!  (Read 10049 times)
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 08:22:17 PM »

The Two Morrows site still claims a 7/26 release date, but I don't know anyone who's seen it yet (and at this writing, it's 7/30!).

A quick check of Diamond Distributor's site shows shows no sign of the book on last week's shipping list, so it's a safe bet this book is not yet out.  It's not on this week's (8/2) list either.

The listing for the book on the Tales of Wonder site has changed from "Expected to ship 7/26" to "Expected to ship in August."

Here's hoping it doesn't end up like TwoMorrow's Swamp Men book, which has been pushed back several times already, or god forbid their Jim Aparo book, which was supposed to be out last summer, then last Christmas and now has a release date of Dec. 31, 2015 !!!! :shock:

I'm already desolated about the Aparo book, but this one looked like a dream come true.  Come on guys, get it together already!

This looks like a job for...
Continental Op
Superman Family

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2006, 03:06:51 PM »

The latest update to their site now claims it to be shipping September 6th. This is nothing to worry about; TwoMorrows books ALWAYS ship later (usually at least a couple of months later) than originally announced. They solicit the books before they finish writing them.

SWAMPMEN, though, has been cancelled until further notice. Dang.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 02:26:38 PM »

Krypton Chronicles,
Krypton Chronicles,
I love ya, Krypton Chronicles,
You're always a month away!

I hope you're right and it's nothing to worry about.  But again, having been through this before on the Aparo book, I can't help getting that old familiar feeling....

This looks like a job for...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 11:57:32 PM »

This product will be in stock on Wednesday 06 September, 2006.

source: http://www.twomorrows.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=386

Until then you can all keep on gawking at that cover Smiley

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Lee Semmens
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 12:21:22 PM »

This came out this week.

Has anybody seen it, and have any comments to make?
Avilos
Supermen of America

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2006, 04:46:08 AM »

Mine will be arriving on Tuesday from Amazon.
Continental Op
Superman Family

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2006, 04:44:07 PM »

I bought my copy on Thursday. Haven't read the whole thing yet but it was very enjoyable so far.

It is a bit thinner than I hoped on the Weisinger era, but that's somewhat unavoidable... nearly everyone except the "kids" of that period (Shooter and Bates) has passed on. I was expecting them to dig up and reprint more interviews that had been given while the Silver Age crew were alive.

And I was sort of disappointed by the Cary Bates interview... he worked at DC for a quarter century, so I was expecting something a little more, I don't know, expansive.... he gave relatively short answers, and seemed strangely unenthusiastic in talking about the old days. Maybe his tone just comes off wrong in print, but I got the impression his leaving the comics biz wasn't for happy reasons.

Overall, there was a lot of good stuff and I highly recommend the book.
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2006, 05:02:09 PM »

Too bad that its thin on Silver Age things, there are a lot of things I would like to know more about, like more on what Earth 2 was originally supposed to mean and how much Morty wanted to keep Superman out of it, more on how the editors disagreed, how well titles like Lois Lane really sold, etc...but then, maybe that wouldn't make it to a Superman-focused book, I just find myself interested in DC dynamics during that time.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L