superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:24:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll
Question: Is there a need for a Superman?  (Voting closed: February 09, 2003, 12:21:45 PM)
if YES, then why - 12 (100%)
if NO, then why - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the significance of Superman in today's society?  (Read 14589 times)
sfan2003
Superman's Pal

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2004, 07:30:11 PM »

I dunno if you all had heard it but, But i think of Superman even though a fictional character, is in a lot of ways a modern messiah like figure. I have heard it said that Superman's story in some interesting ways mirror's that of the Story of Jesus's. Jor-el sending his only son to earth is like when God sent His son to earth. Superman was raised by two earthly parents same with Jesus being raised by Mary and Jospeh. Both of them using there values and teachings to help people, Both have arch-villians Superman's villian Lex and Jesus's villian is the devil. Both have died and have been brought back to life. These are what I have seen in both of them. I guess thats why Superman has reached all ages because of the similairities he has with Jesus.

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2004, 07:47:07 PM »

Quote from: "sfan2003"
I dunno if you all had heard it but, But i think of Superman even though a fictional character, is in a lot of ways a modern messiah like figure. I have heard it said that Superman's story in some interesting ways mirror's that of the Story of Jesus's. Jor-el sending his only son to earth is like when God sent His son to earth. Superman was raised by two earthly parents same with Jesus being raised by Mary and Jospeh. Both of them using there values and teachings to help people, Both have arch-villians Superman's villian Lex and Jesus's villian is the devil. Both have died and have been brought back to life. These are what I have seen in both of them. I guess thats why Superman has reached all ages because of the similairities he has with Jesus.

He wasn't based on Jesus, there are TONS and TONS of characters from mythology that share the same basic story.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
sfan2003
Superman's Pal

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2004, 10:12:08 PM »

SuperMonkey, I was just pointing out that similatry that i saw I know that are many many more out there. I never said Superman was based on Jesus I was just pointing out just some similarties thats all. I have read a article on Supermanhomepage from a person sayng that Superman was a devil/antichrist character. All i pointed out were just a few things that were similair.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L