superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:31:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supermans daughter, do readers think she was a bad idea?  (Read 5212 times)
Doug Barr
Supermen of America

« on: April 01, 2006, 11:36:16 PM »

Knowing comics companies, there is no chance that Frank Miller owns any rights to the character of Lara, daughter of Superman & Wonder Woman. I doubt anyone could ever write for her with the same understanding. Remember she was gonna kick Batmans butt all over the planet for talking disrespectfully to her dad? The only thing that saved Batman was that Superman knew Batman was the only one with the brains to save the Kandorians from Luthor & Brainiac, even if it meant Batman would have both those criminals killed. Superman needed his old friend, even if they hadnt been seeing eye to eye, he knew Batman was not going to let Kandor die, plus he probably thought Luthor & Brainiac needed killing, He wanted to teach Lara - the new Kryptonian on the block, that this is how things must be done in this age.He wanted his old friend to help raise his girl as best as she could be.
  I think Lara is my favorite new character of Millers (for DC/Marvel)  better than Electra & Carrie Kellie too, though I really liked that girl Robin.
 You know who would have made the PERFECT Miller-Batman? Clint Eastwood. There is a 'dream movie' fourm for Supreman. That is my dream Batman.

"IT TICKLES"
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 03:39:52 PM »

Quote from: "Doug Barr"
You know who would have made the PERFECT Miller-Batman? Clint Eastwood. There is a 'dream movie' fourm for Supreman. That is my dream Batman.

But I don't think he'd make a very good Bruce Wayne!

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Doug Barr
Supermen of America

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 08:03:07 PM »

HMMM.... I didnt think about that, but I think he could have pulled it off. In real life Hes a really nice guy, I think he could have done Wayne.

"IT TICKLES"
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 10:51:42 PM »

Well, m-a-y-b-e he could have pulled it off in the early 70s; we've never really seen Eastwood do a sociable role like Wayne. (Though I agree with you: in all the interviews and things I've read, he seems like a very nice fellow.)

How 'bout this: Clint Eastwood as Batman, and Bruce Lee as Robin? I've probably been up too long...

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Doug Barr
Supermen of America

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 12:57:21 AM »

I dont think so Permanus, If Clint Eastwood played Batman, he would best do it as the Batman of "Dark Knight Returns"  where Batman is an old man & Robin is a young girl, in fact their relationship reminded me sort of the one between Eastwood & the girl boxer in "million dollar baby"

"IT TICKLES"
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 10:51:13 PM »

Quote from: "Permanus"
How 'bout this: Clint Eastwood as Batman, and Bruce Lee as Robin? I've probably been up too long...

Good idea, but it's already been done in Green Hornet.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 03:43:01 AM »

You know - I didn't think about it before but I really liked Lara too.  She'd be great as a character.  Too bad that won't materialize anytime soon.

"If I print "She was stark naked"--& then proceeded to describe her person in detail, what critic would not howl?--but the artist does this & all ages gather around & look & talk & point." - Mark Twain
Doug Barr
Supermen of America

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 03:23:34 PM »

according to "The Photonucleic Effect", it wouldnt matter, right? If a child of Supermans were born here on Earth, that child would not possess his powers, it would need to be born on Krypton, where even your child or mine would have those powers if born there & came here.I dont think I care for the explination given in "The Photonucleic Effect" even though I didnt understand anything past the point of the above analogy.

"IT TICKLES"
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L