superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:43:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people have affected Superman's...  (Read 4206 times)
Russell
Superman Emergency Squad

« on: April 04, 2006, 12:14:47 AM »

Supposedly next to invulnerable Supermanium Fortress door?

Right before the Crisis, when Superman discovered Supergirl's secret "lover", a powerful shapeshifting machine blew through it.

The Galactic Golem wrecked the door.

Bizarro plowed right through it.

It's funny, Supermanium was supposed to be forged in the hearts of massive stars. Superman must of done a lot of running around making new Supermanium. :lol:

On top of people who've affected the door, does the stuff have any good durability feats?
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 02:59:18 PM »

You know what I think would be funny?

Lex Luthor or somebody discovers the Fortress of Solitude door and means to rob the Fortress of Solitude and steal Superman's secrets, sort of like the way John Sunlight did back in the original Doc Savage story that introduced the concept. Quickly realizing that the door is invulnerable, Lex then turns his death rays to nearly everything around it, shattering the ice and glaciers and supports all around, laying them low and hissing smoke.

But that door is holding up just fine.

Superman, on seeing the destruction, thinks to himself, "You know, next time, I should make these doors not QUITE so invulnerable."

Also, as I recall, Amazo gave the supposedly indestructable Supermobile, made of Supermanium, quite a thrashing all the way back in ACTION #481-482 (1976).

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 04:49:49 PM »

Quote from: "JulianPerez"
You know what I think would be funny?

Lex Luthor or somebody discovers the Fortress of Solitude door and means to rob the Fortress of Solitude and steal Superman's secrets, sort of like the way John Sunlight did back in the original Doc Savage story that introduced the concept. Quickly realizing that the door is invulnerable, Lex then turns his death rays to nearly everything around it, shattering the ice and glaciers and supports all around, laying them low and hissing smoke.

But that door is holding up just fine.

Superman, on seeing the destruction, thinks to himself, "You know, next time, I should make these doors not QUITE so invulnerable."

You mean like this?   :wink:

http://superman.nu/tales2/revenge/?page=3

http://superman.nu/tales2/revenge/?page=4

DTO
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 04:56:28 PM »

Ha! That is funny.  Sort of like my thoughts on x-ray vision and all those "geniuses" who line their hideouts with lead so Superman can "never find them."  Of course all he needs to do is scan the city and pick out the one building he can't see through.  That's the one he wants.

I always wondered about that honking huge keyhole at the Fortress.  Who needs to open the door when they can just crawl through the hole?  I guess that's why Grant Morrison's changed it in All-Star Supes.

This looks like a job for...
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 08:07:22 PM »

Quote from: "nightwing"
I always wondered about that honking huge keyhole at the Fortress.  Who needs to open the door when they can just crawl through the hole?

Here's a better question: who is Superman trying to impress with it? "Gee, that's a real nice keyhole you have there, Aquaman. Here, have a look at mine."

The exact moment I realized that the Atom had the least "sexy" superpower in history (as awesome as his Gil Kane and Gardner Fox adventures were, as awesome as the SWORD OF THE ATOM mini was), was during a JUSTICE LEAGUE comic where the Atom snuck into the Fortress of Solitude by "shrinking to go through the keyhole."

Ha ha ha ha!

I don't think you exactly have to be the Atom to walk through THAT keyhole.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 09:03:46 PM »

I don't have the issues on hand, but I recall the keyhole was booby-trapped to deter anyone from entering.

DTO
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 09:27:50 PM »

And I'm still trying to think of the Silver Age issue where Clark (without powers) crawls through the keyhole mechanism...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 09:36:43 PM »

Don't forget that Batman broke in as well as a prank in it's 1st appearance!

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L