superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GETTING AFFAIRS IN ORDER!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:20:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC #6 - Super Spoilers  (Read 21901 times)
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 09:14:53 AM »

And let's not over-emphasize the Supergirl/Superboy parallel sacrifices -- one important difference was that Kara Zor-El was forgotten completely, while Connor Kent is honored by a memorial statue and continues to affect his surviving family and friends

Didn't she have a memorial statue in the LOSH after Crisis? I seem to remember one during the death of the Pocketverse Superboy.
Superman Forever
Superman Family

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006, 02:16:22 PM »

Best issue of the series so far. The interaction between the two Supermen was just fine. I was a fan of the clone Superboy, of couse he wasn't the real Superboy, he was a fun character and his sacrifice was noble and heroic. I don't want him to be ressurrected, but we probably will hava a Superboy in the DC Universe, maybe his DNA with a different personality? I don't know.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2006, 03:52:03 PM »

The death has been posted:

http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=superboydeath24sj.jpg

http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=superboydeath13ri.jpg

In Teen Titans #34 (the first One Year Later issue for that title), Robin has secretly created a lab under Titans Tower and is trying to clone Conner Kent.

So it's not really a rumor. Now that doesn't mean that Robin will pull it off.

Speaking of Superboys....

With rumors of the return of the one true Superboy, I can't belive none of you caught this little bit from that link I posted:

DD = DC Executive Editor Dan DiDio

Q: Any chance of ADVENTURE COMICS ever being revived?

DD: A very good chance.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2006, 04:14:36 PM »

The creation of the new Earth:

http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newearth5vy.jpg

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2006, 04:20:38 PM »

Quote from: "DBN"
And let's not over-emphasize the Supergirl/Superboy parallel sacrifices -- one important difference was that Kara Zor-El was forgotten completely, while Connor Kent is honored by a memorial statue and continues to affect his surviving family and friends

Didn't she have a memorial statue in the LOSH after Crisis? I seem to remember one during the death of the Pocketverse Superboy.

That statue on Shanghalla was snuck in there under DC's nose.  By that time Supergirl should have been erased from ALL history.  The next time we see the memorial statues, Supergirl is missing.  Perhaps the temporal wave spawned by the Crisis took a while to completely affect the 30th Century.

DTO
alschroeder
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2006, 09:30:34 PM »

I'll miss the kid. Karl Kesel remembered one overriding fact---there already IS a Kal-El. So the Kid was different from the Superboy we remember in most ways. I'll miss his antics, his overriding,yet all-too-human horniness, and his irresponsiblity. He ws fun.

Still, with the Siegels now owning the Superboy name, this may be the last Superboy we see.---Al

Al Schroeder III, former letterhack (met his wife through Julie Schwartz' lettercolumns) of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com---think the superhero genre is mined out? Think there are no new superhero ideas?

Think again.
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2006, 03:00:50 AM »

From what I see, disappointing the multiverse apparently isn't coming back (and the "ony one Earth with 847 million heroes living on it" policy is continuing)... granted, the treatment of Kal-L/Alex Luthor/Earth-2 Lois/the Earth-Prime Superboy seems even more disappointing anyway (along with the usual pointless deaths, etc.)...

Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2006, 12:29:35 PM »

Pretty funny (and sad) review at Robby Reed's Dial B for Blog

http://www.dialbforblog.com/

spoilers and sarcasm galore.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L