superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:16:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC #6 - Super Spoilers  (Read 21890 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2006, 07:17:04 PM »

CRISIS RECOVERY 06: MORE ANNOTATED FUN WITH INFINITE CRISIS #6
Here we go again…

Infinite Crisis #6 is in stores and DC hopes now in your collection, and while the issues answers a lot of questions, if you have any about the issues itself, we hope the following may contain some answers, and provide a smile or two.

And as always; be warned – we will try too hard to make jokes, some of the references will go right over your heads, and some will go right over our heads. So - with tongue firmly planted in cheek, we’ve got your Infinite Crisis #6 page by page guide with mild annotations, some of which may even be correct…

read it here:

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=6cb0a0fbf78ece3979c1328ebc16f781&threadid=65992

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Superman of America
Superman Family

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2006, 09:43:45 PM »

I have to agree that was the best issue of the series. Superboy's death was heroic and the scene with Cassie put me to tears(yes, I'm man enough to admit that).

Superman of America: America's No.1 Sunshine Superman!
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2006, 10:11:46 PM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"
That statue (or one like it) was also in the latest issue of Action Comics.

I liked the Kid back when Karl Kesel was having fun with him, and there was a good Jeph Loeb issue, but that's about it.  I just couldn't get excited about a teenager who popped fully grown from a test-tube.

Ditto for me. And SUPERMAN #155 is one of my favorite post-Crisis stories ever.

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2006, 12:49:47 AM »

He did go out, at least, with a hero's death.  

What's this about the Seigel's owning Superboy?

But anyway, I liked the early issues of the Superboy (clone) comic.  Later on I didn't care for the changes.  I suspect a boy of steel one day will return to the DC Universe.

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2006, 01:24:02 AM »

Quote from: "DoctorZero"
What's this about the Seigel's owning Superboy?

They owned him since 2004! That's two years already. In fact I am sure I made a thread about here two years ago.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Superman of America
Superman Family

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2006, 02:36:40 AM »

Did DC/WB ever try to settle with the Seigels or are the Seigels holding out for a bigger piece of the cut?

Superman of America: America's No.1 Sunshine Superman!
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2006, 02:44:52 AM »

If WB is staying true to form, they are most likely completely denying that the Siegels have ever had any right or claim at all and are perpetually appealing and re-appealing everything - thus forcing the Siegels to drag it out in court for so long that they'll never get any money.  Standard big company tactic, and probably the only way that WB can continue to claim any ownership rights on their own side.  They grasp with an iron fist in the fear that they will lose it all.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2006, 04:11:40 PM »

This is probably why DC has continued to use Conner and brought back the Superboy of Earth Prime anyway.  I have  question, can DC use the name "Superboy" at all for a different character?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L