superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:44:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC #6 - Super Spoilers  (Read 21669 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2006, 12:02:31 AM »

A lot of people started complaining when Geoff Johns had Gorilla Grodd eat human flesh, but I don't have a problem with this.

But Gorillas never eat meat of any kind. Yes, I know he is not a normal gorilla, but it's as laughable as vampire Dolphins.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2006, 03:11:57 AM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
As long as ONLY the Villains are acting like jerks and are the only ones doing the murdering, I guess it's an improvement, but Heroes if they are real heroes should never act that way, like they did during the Dark Age/Iron Age.

I agree and disagree. OYL titles for the most part are consistent with the statements above. However, I keep looking to the IC "villains" and shake my head. I didn't read the Crisis until about 10 years ago. After reading it, you develop a connection with the characters of what they lost and gained. I find it disheartening the heroes of the original are the antagonists now.

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2006, 03:17:16 AM »

Too much hero to villian to hero action contributes to the "professional wrestling-ization" of comics... Cool
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2006, 04:26:44 AM »

Quote from: "MatterEaterLad"
Too much hero to villian to hero action contributes to the "professional wrestling-ization" of comics... Cool

Yeah, That's Marvel's job!

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2006, 03:27:09 PM »

Quote from: "JulianPerez"

I disagree. I thought Conner's end was poignantly written and heroic, especially in light of the fact that Geoff Johns did everything he could to make the character likeable.
I don't think that he was necessarily written poorly in this issue, just that the character was pretty poor already, and that this didn't improve things much.

Geoff Johns does this: make characters likeable and then kill them off shortly after.

And you're enthusiastic about him working on Superman?

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L