superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:28:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Earth E cameo in IC6?  (Read 6354 times)
Superman of America
Superman Family

« on: April 08, 2006, 02:41:41 AM »

Did anyone notice a Earth E cameo(or maybe a variation of Earth E Super Sons)? There was also a Tangent DC cameo and a 70's DC cameo(Debra Winger Wonder Girl and Cathy Lee Crosby as Wonder Woman).

Superman of America: America's No.1 Sunshine Superman!
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 06:50:50 AM »

It's been noted in the DC Message Boards that the "Super-Sons" lived on Earth-154, and the Debra Winger/Cathy Lee Crosby Wonder-World was Earth-462.  Alex Luthor combined these two Earths, and came up with Azteca-themed Super/Bat/Wonder families engaged in a clan war.  He promptly discarded it.

The reason for this failure?  Perhaps because Earth-154 + Earth-462 = Earth-616, the homeworld of the Marvel Universe whose heroes are now immersed in a "Civil War"?   :wink:

DTO
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 07:07:55 AM »

oh yes, I can totally see now how DC is much easier to understand than before the 1st Crisis....

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Superman of America
Superman Family

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 12:38:44 PM »

Quote from: "dto"
It's been noted in the DC Message Boards that the "Super-Sons" lived on Earth-154, and the Debra Winger/Cathy Lee Crosby Wonder-World was Earth-462.  Alex Luthor combined these two Earths, and came up with Azteca-themed Super/Bat/Wonder families engaged in a clan war.  He promptly discarded it.

The reason for this failure?  Perhaps because Earth-154 + Earth-462 = Earth-616, the homeworld of the Marvel Universe whose heroes are now immersed in a "Civil War"?   :wink:

So, it was a slight jab at Marvel? Hmmmmmm.......

Superman of America: America's No.1 Sunshine Superman!
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 05:03:27 PM »

Other posters on the DC Message Boards said that the warring Super-Clans also reminded them of Alan Moore's "Twilight of the Superheroes" proposal.

DTO
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 05:59:01 PM »

Quote from: "dto"
It's been noted in the DC Message Boards that the "Super-Sons" lived on Earth-154, and the Debra Winger/Cathy Lee Crosby Wonder-World was Earth-462. Alex Luthor combined these two Earths, and came up with Azteca-themed Super/Bat/Wonder families engaged in a clan war. He promptly discarded it.

The reason for this failure? Perhaps because Earth-154 + Earth-462 = Earth-616, the homeworld of the Marvel Universe whose heroes are now immersed in a "Civil War"?

That's one obscure piece of numerology right there. Seriously, how do people CATCH things like that? It's like I've always wondered who it was that first discovered that 'Dark Side of the Moon" can be synched to THE WIZARD OF OZ.

I think what Geoff Johns meant to show there was that Earth-154 was the Super-Sons Earth. The reason is that in Alan Moore's proposal for TWILIGHT OF THE SUPER-HEROES, and even in the concept art, there is no mention anywhere of Batman having a "son." In fact, Batman had no House the way Captain Marvel and Superman did; he was a mysterious faction working with the old 1930s pulp guys like the Shadow and Tarzan. Nonetheless, that was still cool to see.

And I'm tickled pink that Geoff Johns remembered Stanley and his Monster. Funny how in the wake of all the explosions and space battles, it was a little thing like that, that made my day. The suggestion that magic is weird now in the wake of the Spectre is an excellent build-up to the use of the Michael Moorcock "Magic Bible." Anyone who knows me knows I love Moorcock. The idea of him writing a magic bible for how magic works in the DCU is a very pleasant surprise.

I absolutely loved this issue because of the almost palpable friendship that the characters share. Batman and Green Arrow's exchange, "Just to see if you'll show." Wow. And Black Lightning and Mr. Terrific bonding as they ran into the interior of the ship. The idea presented here is an interesting characterization: Black Lightning was one of the few black superheroes and was proud of his race, and so as a result of this, he gave himself the name "Black" Lightning.

Though this Mets fan was slightly disappointed to learn that Hal Jordan and Ollie Queen were Yankees fans. Boo!

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 07:18:12 PM »

Youd think Ollie,Mr Underdog fan, woulda been a Mets fan. But that  - woulda been Denny O's GA - not this shlub of today.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 07:56:38 PM »

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
Youd think Ollie,Mr Underdog fan, woulda been a Mets fan. But that  - woulda been Denny O's GA - not this shlub of today.

Yes, only the Pre-crisis version is a Mets fan Smiley

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L