superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe ADVENTURES of SUPERBOY!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:21:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Newbie.... Confused  (Read 5673 times)
sandmountainslim
Superman's Pal

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 07:11:14 PM »

Quote from: "NotSuper"
Quote from: "sandmountainslim"
Does the renaming of Adventures of Superman and cancellation of the second series  therefore return of the original series mean the ultimate end of Byrne's revamp and all that it meant?

I think it has more to do with DC wanting to reduce the number of Superman titles. I think it's the right move--you don't want too many titles featuring the same character.

Well if DC had to cancel one of the Super Titles I think they made the correct choice by cancelling the Byrne Series, to cancel AOS or Action would have been a tragedy since they both have history going back over sixty years!
Good Choice, adios Superman Volume 2 and long live Superman Volume 1 Cheesy
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 01:23:50 PM »

>>Byrne's MOS revamp hasn't been "tossed out," as much as it has been completely replaced with the new Birthright origin - although DC is pretty much skirting the issue as to what his current origin is - as seen in Superman 650, the implication is that it's not that important.

Hey, it matters to *me*---if it means the end of the "birthing matrix"/"Clark as a jock in high school" nonsense. ;-)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L