superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:10:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: As Kara first appears on Earth  (Read 5061 times)
Wenz-El
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: May 05, 2003, 06:39:00 AM »

This is a wallpaper I made for use as my desktop.

The two images on the left are from scans I found on the net of Action Comics 252
The two on the right are from dc's own site as it previewed the arival of Kara in Supergirl comics and (in b&w) as it previewed the TPB collecting that story arc

The large image is mostly the b&w image which I colorized using PhotoDeluxe.

You can capture it for your desktop by right clicking and selecting "Set as backround"
Ric-El
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2003, 11:15:28 PM »

I'd rather wait until the real coloured version comes out.

Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2003, 07:56:02 AM »

hmmm.

Looks good.  If you don't mind I'll add it to the wallpapper section of my website. It would fit since one of the writers for my site was really into the last five of Supergirl. (I couldn't get into it myself...I guess I resented the way PAD depicted Kara.)

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
Chelli
Supermen of America

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2003, 01:16:39 AM »

I just finished reading the book The Crisisis of Infitite Earths
 According to my understanding that the Supergirl killed was of earth prime not Earth one Superman the elder rejected being on Earth one with the younger Superman who knows no such thing as Kryptons destruction in that universe neither does the Superman of Earth 1 know his roots so it is possible Kara can return again to be Supergirl f earth one with the alternate alias as Linda Lee Danvers as well Supermans cousin from Argo City
 At least that's the way I come to understand it. Any opposing views would be welcome
 The whole idea of a multiverse gives me a darn headache
Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2003, 10:39:21 AM »

The multiverse thing was, the way I see it, a very simplistic (and messed up) rendition of actual alternate reality theory. (yes...a serious, scientific theory Cheesy )

But, Kara El, Supergirl, was from Earth one - She was killed by the antimonitor.  Kara -L , Powergirl was from Earth 2 and lost her Kryptonian legacy.

Earth Prime is where the superboy that looked like the orignal Superboy (Which DC had already killed off) came from....and in the end he flew off into never never land with the Earth 2 superman and Lois after the five remaining worlds were merged.

There, Clear as mud...Right? Smiley

As for what CAN happen....anything can happen.  You think you are confused?  I think DC is even more confused Smiley

Quote from: "Chelli"
I just finished reading the book The Crisisis of Infitite Earths
 According to my understanding that the Supergirl killed was of earth prime not Earth one Superman the elder rejected being on Earth one with the younger Superman who knows no such thing as Kryptons destruction in that universe neither does the Superman of Earth 1 know his roots so it is possible Kara can return again to be Supergirl f earth one with the alternate alias as Linda Lee Danvers as well Supermans cousin from Argo City
 At least that's the way I come to understand it. Any opposing views would be welcome
 The whole idea of a multiverse gives me a darn headache

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
Chelli
Supermen of America

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2003, 11:58:23 AM »

It would be far less confusing if they never created a universe in the First place or  left it alone after having discovered one  Like Star Trek TNG did one single story and they were finished with it then.DC woyld have been better off doing the same thing.
 And a whole new set of superheros to deal with now All I was interested in is what is This Last son of Krypton reference that the Series Smallville always brings up.
 think I'll forget the DC universe after all those changes but not happy my kara/supergirl/linda lee danvers was killed off though
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L