superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:14:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worlds Finest?  (Read 6391 times)
sandmountainslim
Superman's Pal

« on: April 09, 2006, 07:24:50 PM »

I was at the comic shop yesterday picking up issues 1, 2 & 3 of All Star Superman and asked the guy why Superman/Batman isn't titled Worlds Finest Comics as that is what it strikes me to be (Superman/Batman #1 SHOULD have been Worlds Finest #324) :?  he told me that he has heard that a new Worlds Finest series is in the works, does anyone have any info on this?  Thanks.
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 11:05:45 PM »

No clue, but Dan Didio has confirmed that very soon, there is going to be a new ADVENTURE COMICS series (and there have been hints there is going to be a Kal-El Superboy after INFINITE CRISIS).

And the new SUPERMAN/BATMAN series is a lot of fun in a turn your brain off kind of way. Sure, we've got a non-cerebral Superman in caption boxes babbling this or that about "growing up on the farm," but if you ignore that, it's a decent read with a Silver/Bronze Age sense of wonder. The recent issue about the gender-switched universe was fascinating - the giant penny in the batcave having a female Abe Lincoln on it just made my day. Ditto for the idea that there is a female Darkseid called "the Black Queen," which conjures up images of a Caroline Munro or Sarah Douglas type.

And it features the Bizarros. Those guys are a trip!

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
sandmountainslim
Superman's Pal

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 11:31:50 PM »

A new Adventure Comics?  Now THAT would be cool , I wonder who will star in it?  It would be nice if it were an anthology series with different artists doing their take on classic DC characters in a rotating basis but I suppose that is too much to ask.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 12:41:35 AM »

DC seems to be ready to bring back the one true Superboy, not only is this hinted at in IC No. 6 but Dan Didio stated that Adventure Comics will be returning, plus the one true Superboy will be the star of the new Legion Cartoon.

There were some rumors (not confirmed) that the Brave and the Bold would be returning, but nothing about World's Finest.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 02:24:06 AM »

I think it *has* been confirmed that Brave and the Bold is in the works.  In fact, Mark Waid's been named as writer.  It won't be the old "Batman and..." book, though.  I think it's going to be a team-up book with rotating leads, as the book was for a while in the early 60s.

I'd love to see Adventure return in its original format as an anthology series (and I mean ORIGINAL original, as in non-superhero action), but everything I've ever seen from anyone at DC or Marvel says that anthology books don't sell.

Should be interesting to see just what "World's Finest" would be if not a Superman/Batman book.  With that name, they could always make it about some kind of international police force.  Or even some kind of global defense force battling aliens or something.

This looks like a job for...
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 03:52:45 AM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
DC seems to be ready to bring back the one true Superboy, not only is this hinted at in IC No. 6 but Dan Didio stated that Adventure Comics will be returning, plus the one true Superboy will be the star of the new Legion Cartoon.

There were some rumors (not confirmed) that the Brave and the Bold would be returning, but nothing about World's Finest.

I wonder how this squares with the Siegel lawsuit?  It seems that DC is doing its darndest to kill off all Superboys in the Crisis series that people are discussing here.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 04:01:36 AM »

They won the copyright of Superboy back in 2004, the lawsuit has to do with the TV show NOT the comics. They are not killing Superboys because of the lawsuit, or else he would had died two years ago and never brought back SBP.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
binarysunrise
Superman Family

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 03:25:45 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
They won the copyright of Superboy back in 2004, the lawsuit has to do with the TV show NOT the comics.

Hate to disagree, but the lawsuit has everything to do with the comics.  The Seigels have the rights to Superboy (comics or anything else) now.  That much was decided.  The issue of the TV show (Smallville) is still up in the air.  Having the rights to Superboy doesn't mean they have the rights to the young Clark Kent (at least from WB/DC's eyes).  It will be up to a jury to decide whether or not Smallville is a story about Superboy...

The Speeding Bullet
   http://www.thespeedingbullet.com
--an archive of Superman newspaper strips--
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L