superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:09:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Question about a cameo in IC6....  (Read 4933 times)
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« on: April 11, 2006, 03:59:30 PM »

First of all, I was happy to see "Earth-0", or Htrae, on the giant cameo page. But something else was interesting to me. There is an earth where the "Superman Family" is battling some sort of Bat-clan. Is this an obscure reference to Alan Moore's "Twilight of the Superheroes?"

Is there anyone here who has read that script and would know that?

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

celacanto
Superman's Pal

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 04:42:34 PM »

I thought exactly the same when i saw that earth.

Even i think they put all those Aztec stuff just to disguise the reference. :lol:

dto
Action Ace

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 05:04:38 PM »

There were some comments on the DC Message Boards mentioning the "Twilight"parallels, and others pointed out Marvel's "Civil War" since Earth-154 + Earth-462 = Earth-616, the homeworld of the Marvel Universe.

See http://superman.nu/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2525&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight= for related comments in this forum.

DTO
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 09:06:43 PM »

I thought that calling the Bizarro world "Earth-0" was a dig at the 1986-2006 DCU, since fans have been calling the post-Crisis Earth "Earth-0" for quite a while.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 10:30:42 PM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"
I thought that calling the Bizarro world "Earth-0" was a dig at the 1986-2006 DCU, since fans have been calling the post-Crisis Earth "Earth-0" for quite a while.

S!

During Zero Hero the Post-Crisis Earth died and was reborn as Earth-Zero aka Earth-0 for Zero Hour.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 01:21:04 AM »

Ah...didn't know that.

Here's a scary thought....Infinite Zero Hour four years from now!

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 01:37:49 AM »

Here's a scary thought....Infinite Zero Hour four years from now!

You really think DC can hold a continuity together for 4 whole years before having to reboot?  That alone would be a feat worth seeing.

This looks like a job for...
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 04:11:15 AM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
During Zero Hero the Post-Crisis Earth died and was reborn as Earth-Zero aka Earth-0 for Zero Hour.

Really?  That's neat, but I don't remember it.

I was referring to the fact that many people I know were using the "Earth-0" expression long before Zero Hour happened.  They used it as the next logical number in the sequence:  Earth-2, Earth-1, Earth-0...

So now hearing DC try to pass off the current DCU "Earth" as "Earth-1" in Infinite Crisis is extremely jarring.  I don't buy it for a second, because the place is very different than the real (1970-1986) Earth-1.  The Earth with the "real" Superman - the only Superman who never showed up in IC!  It looks like DC is trying to claim that the post-Crisis Superman and the pre-Crisis Superman are one-and-the-same.

That'd be a pretty nifty trick.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L