superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:41:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Actionrific: Busiek, Niceza, and Woods Oh my!  (Read 5123 times)
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« on: April 14, 2006, 09:20:57 PM »

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=88032115c6f8574b9b224937b4b2b664&threadid=66877

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 09:57:11 PM »

It is neat to see Kurt Busiek on Superman. There was a thread here about how he was perhaps the only man who could save Superman from being a crappy comic, and the thread got pretty big and even Kurt Busiek himself actually responded and have been around here posting here and there ever since.

This was a way before he actually became a writer, now I don't know if he was already offered the job before posting here or after, or if DC was reading this site and said to themselves "that would be a good idea", well it fun to think about but the real reason he was hired is the same reason why that thread was started in the 1ST place, and that is because he is one of the best writers working today.

So far his issues, which he co-wrote are getting rave reviews.

I personally can't wait for the issues to start where he is writing it all himself. For me that is when the real fun will begin, as the current storyline will set-up both books.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 10:15:26 PM »

I always get a kick on how these interviews try to get writers to spoil plotlines...LOL, I don't really think Kurt is going to spill the beans on what's going to happen in Up Up and Away...
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 12:41:12 AM »

Post IC, like it or not, at least brings the A game back to Superman. These are exciting times for the Man of Tomorrow.  Cheesy

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 01:04:53 AM »

I agree, this could be a real turnpoint year...

Now, if only they could bring back the racks in the drugstores selling comics for 10, 12, or 15 cents...well... :cry:
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 10:33:13 AM »

Well what can i say? Good luck Mr.Busiek for your job on Action,your run on Avengers was amazing,and i'm sure that you will do the same for the Last Son of Krypton! S!  S!  S!

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 09:22:17 AM »

Great news, even if I'm waiting for the new regular team.
I have discovered Pete Wood's arts in "Up, up and away!" and I'm really liking his style.

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
NotSuper
Action Ace

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 08:03:31 PM »

"So, you ask me what's the appeal of Superman? I'm quite comfortable enough in my own skin to cope with any jokes at my expense when I say that it is an honor to get to work on this character. There. Let the cynics cackle... and while anyone is snickering, I'm getting to write Superman. I win."

I like this guy. That quote rules.  Smiley

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L