superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:04:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman Revelle scale model  (Read 2054 times)
Doug Barr
Supermen of America

« on: April 22, 2006, 05:10:39 PM »

I just recieved a model via UPS from EBAY, a retro version of the 1964 revelle model of Superman punching thru a brick wall. I hadnt seen this model since I was in 2nd grade, & it is superior to any action figure that has come out in the 40 years since. It is great, for a number of reasons, one being the same reason that the old comics seem so good: nostalgia!
 I painted the costume a dark blue, reminds me of the old cartoons. Back then, I also had a 'Superboy' model where he is trying to free a dragon of some sort, but this model is not available in the 'retro' series yet, hopefully that will be rectified soon, Wonderwoman too.
  They want 25.00 for the box alone of 'Superboy', yeah, right!  But I wish I could post a photo of my 'Superman' model, I am kind of proud of it.

"IT TICKLES"
Lexington 575
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 02:17:58 AM »

They also used to make a model of the Phantom standing in an heroic pose which we used to sand down til smooth and then we could paint on any costume we wanted. with a little custom work it was easy to create any character in the DC (or Marvel) universe. Sadly, they now sell for a couple of hundred bucks if you can find em. Does anyone know of any models currently on the market whose pose would be good for this purpose? If so, I'd love to hear about it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L