superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonLois & Clark: The Ghost of Superman FutureHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:50:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'The AMAZING STORY of SUPERMAN-RED and SUPERMAN-BLUE!'  (Read 4996 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: May 06, 2003, 03:58:46 PM »

"The AMAZING STORY of SUPERMAN-RED and SUPERMAN-BLUE!"

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

TY
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2003, 10:50:00 PM »

Ah another classic from the Great One

Psssst (any chance of a few more classic Silver Age Superboy stories)

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
jasonred
Superman Fan

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 06:20:14 PM »

Hmmm... well, this was back in the pre-crisis super old school days, when scenes of violence WEREN'T mandatory every five pages, so, hm...

It makes me realize just how bad their attempts at "scientific explanations" were back then though. You can see their overuse of "magnetic fields" right there, from the times when magnets were the big new thing. And Superman used to do the spinning things a bazillion times. Hmm... reminds me of the comments on Shawnbaby's Superfriends site.

Then again, nowadays, they're sorta doing similiar stuff. Quite a lot of nuclear powered devices and weapons. THOUGH, I don't see Supes trying out a "scientific solution" more than once every now and then, whereas in the old days you had about 4 per issue, what with Lex Luthor, brainiac, and the counters against them...
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2003, 04:50:53 AM »

Ah..if only...another great classic from my youth. Cheesy

The imaginative genius of the 60s S-team shows just how shallow and Marvel-ized modern comics have become...sigh... :roll:
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2003, 06:57:33 AM »

Those wonderful Superman stories were nothing if not imaginative!

The imaginative genius of the 60s S-team.....

I agree with your compliment.

I defy anyone to read a batch of good Silver Age Superman stories and not be amazed at their inventiveness and entertainment value.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2003, 10:35:30 PM »

Those silver agers were the ones I grew up with and while may consider it an off shoot of nostalgia most of them hold up quite well --although at times the inanity of the Lois Lane comics and the surreal bizarreness  of Jimmy's make me cringe. when the Wesinger masters were athe peak of their craft, they really nailed it, trenscending mere storytelling and taking the Superman mythos of unrealized heights -- the kind of levels that Lucas aspires to in his mythmaking but will never attain.

PS anyone here know why Schaffenberger drew the Lois & Lana heads in "Superman Red & Blue" when Swan was much more than capable and a helluva lot better looking LLS they were too!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L