superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:42:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: statue of Jor-EL, Lara & Kal-EL  (Read 5655 times)
Doug Barr
Supermen of America

« on: April 25, 2006, 10:51:50 PM »

I was at a comic book store yesterday where I saw the best comic-related statue yet (for me anyway)  It has Jor-EL, Lara, & the rocket with Baby Kal-EL in it. The parents are saying goodbye to him, Krypton must be about to blow, & we can see that Kal is wrapped in what will probably one day be his cape. Jor-El & Lara are dressed exaxtly as they are on the cover of Superman #146, & the rocket is the same too.It is beautifull!

"IT TICKLES"
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 01:48:45 AM »

Funny, I just saw the greatest drawing of Jor and baby Kal by Toronto cartoonist Michael Cho:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5108/2070/1600/jorel.jpg

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Jor-L
Superman Fan

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 02:52:34 AM »

I bought this statue recently for $185 - a steal indeed when it is going for between $300 - $400 on Ebay (that is usually around the asking price anyway). I would happily have purchased the mini-version of this statue but it is my understanding that they excluded Lara from it and I thought that was unfair.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 03:40:42 AM »

Here it is for those who never seen it: http://www.dccomics.com/dcdirect/catalog/statue/images/pic_lrgkryptonsta.jpg

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 06:40:49 AM »

That's a great image, replicating the classic "rocket exploding from the crotch" pose with the added benefit of Lara lovingly stroking the rocket.  And you say she was excluded from the smaller version? Hmm....

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 12:48:15 PM »

Um...yeah. Thanks for ruining that. I've been wanting that statue for a long time...

edit: I was looking at some covers, after you made that comment. Check out this one:

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Doug Barr
Supermen of America

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 07:41:08 PM »

How the heck was it ruined "gangbuster"? I just dont get some people - it was nothing but a friendly observation, I mean, really! I guess I should hold off on all news, thinking to myself, "wait a minute, gangbuster might be waiting on news of this statue, & if he hears it here it might just possibly ruin it for him" Are we playing a game in this fourm? I dont get it,I really dont, am I alone here?

"IT TICKLES"
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 08:51:31 PM »

What?  :shock:

No, I was talking about Telle's joke. Not the thing that you posted. Guess I should use
quotes more in the future. Sorry.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L