superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "SONG OF THE EARTH!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:58:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Superman Returns trailer premieres  (Read 9809 times)
BMK!
Superman Family

« on: April 29, 2006, 02:38:36 AM »

http://www.superherohype.com/news/supermannews.php?id=4152

Superman Returns Trailer Confirmed with M:i:III
Source: Hargon April 28, 2006

Superhero Hype! has confirmed that the new Superman Returns trailer will be enclosed in the can with Paramount's "Mission: Impossible III," opening next Friday, May 5th and will also be attached to all prints of WB's "Poseidon" the following week, on Friday, May 12th.

Warner Bros. has the trailer listed as 2 minutes and 28 seconds. Theaters will have access to it in digital format, so if you have the chance to catch "Mission: Impossible III" on a digital screen (it's going out to 135 digital theaters), then definitely do so!

Superman Returns flies into theaters, IMAX and IMAX 3D on June 30th.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 03:12:19 AM »

The new trailer is fantastic and it is already online:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/supermanreturns/hd/

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 04:20:57 AM »

The 1st trailer was but a tease, this new one should destroy any doubters! S!

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 02:39:21 PM »

If you pause the 2nd trailer at 2:04, you can see a map of the world on the wall behind Lex - with what looks like an extra continent in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.  It also looks like it may have been split off from the U.S. - Perhaps Lex is back to looking for more beach front property.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 05:37:12 PM »

It looks like its a radial continent that IS the eastern US, maybe the result of an impact caused by "alien technology"?

The Superman costume looks fine to me... Cool
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 06:02:16 PM »

Some of the SFXre breathtaking - some of the cGI looks like video game quality.  Not liking "the munchkin" and Routh looks more like SuperBOY than Man. Nice to see a truly evil Luthor in the John Shea tradition.  

With the adherence to Donner original, the use of the Williams score and seeing Brando, made me wonder where Chris and Margot were? It's kinda like hearing the Batman TV theme in the Batman movies in a way.  

Reserving judgement until I see the film, natch.  Believe me I want to be blown away!
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 08:07:27 PM »

Looks fantastic!

I too have reservations about tying the new film(s) visually and thematically to the older ones, but I've had over a year to get used to the idea now.  Likewise it's helped having so many early PR photos of Routh as Superman/boy, so I'm getting comfortable with his appearance as well (anyway no Superman actor has ever looked totally right for the part, especially not George Reeves and he's my favorite!  If the performance is strong enough the looks become less important).

The effects look terrific and really capture the concept of flying better than any Superman project I've seen.  I remember watching Magneto levitate over the Statue of Liberty in "X-Men" and thinking "this guy needs to do a Superman film...we've come a long way with effects." And now here we are with Singer on Superman...and a shot of Supes and Lois at the Planet that reminds me a lot of that Magneto shot.

Very strong trailer that will get a lot of people excited, I'm sure.  And the best part is I got to see it without watching MI:3 and putting more money in the pocket of that idiot lowlife Tom Cruise.

Gotta love that last gag in the trailer, too.  Classic.  :lol:

This looks like a job for...
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 09:18:48 PM »

Quote from: "MatterEaterLad"
It looks like its a radial continent that IS the eastern US, maybe the result of an impact caused by "alien technology"?

Here's a screen shot:

Australia wasn't enough for him.  Now he wants his own continent and the cheap water-front property.  Notice that the radial design maximizes the amount of coastline, so he's pretty smart in his insane way.

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
some of the cGI looks like video game quality.

Yeah, there's one sequence in this trailer of Superman landing that looks just like the scene in the Hulk trailer of the Hulk catching a tank.  And as Nightwing noted, the Superman/Lois flight scene was similar to the X-Men - but seeing the way Superman ripped the wing off of a plane makes me hopeful that there will be a lot of original stuff here too.

S!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L