superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe EXILE at the EDGE OF ETERNITY!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE AUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:43:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Infinite Crisis #7 Why?!  (Read 38942 times)
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« on: May 01, 2006, 09:46:56 PM »

Over at the DC message board, mazingman728 posted an advance copy synopsis of IC # 7.

spoilers

The issue starts of right where #6 left off with the heroes gathered around Superboy. The heroes get word via Green Lantern’s (Hal) ring that the villains are attacking Metropolis because if they can take out Superman’s city then they can take over the world. During the fight Judo Master gets his back broken by Bane and Black Adam rips Amazo’s head off. Just as Doomsday is about to go after Arsenal Superman and Kal-L show up and take the fight to him, along with the other heroes showing up to fight the villains. Just as Kal-L starts to confront Alex, SBP shows up and knocks him away and says he wants nothing to do with this Earth. SBP grabs Wonder Girl whom is then saved by Bart – an older Bart- in Barry’s old Flash costume saying that it was the only costume that could survive the trip. SBP then heads off to OA to destroy the planet and create a new Big Bang that only he could survive and upon leaving shoots a hole in Breach’s outfit causing a reaction that returns Captain Atom to the DCU. Down on the ground Alex shoots Nightwing with a blast in the chest which “appears” to kill him. Out in space SBP fights his way threw the Green Lantern Corp killing a number of them only to have Superman and Kal-L show up and take him away. Cut back to Earth and you see Batman knock Alex down and grab a gun. Just as he is about to shoot him Wonder Woman shows up and tells Bruce that it’s not worth it so he tosses the gun aside. Back in space you see Superman and Kal-L flying through a Red Sun with SBP and crash into the planet Green Lantern. SBP continues to beat on Kal-L when the rest of the Corp shows up to capture SBP. At that point Kal-L dies. We then get a panel where you see Metropolis pretty well damages but the heroes won – how we don’t know as that fight wasn’t covered too much and a one shot of just that fight should have accompanied IC#7. The heroes in space have still not returned. A kid on a beach finds the Tangent Universe’s Green Lantern’s staff. Bart hands over Barry’s costume to Jay as Bart has now exhausted the last of the Speed Force. You then cut to Gotham where you see Alex who gets attacked and killed by the Joker as Luthor looks on telling him that “you made a lot of mistakes. You underestimated Superman. Superboy. Me. But the biggest one is that you didn’t let the Joker play”. At the Gotham docks you see Diana, Clark and Bruce all make amends and take off in their different directions to find themselves; Bruce is with Dick and Tim. You then cut to OA where you find out that SBP is being held in a containment field surrounded by a junior Red Sun eater and 50 Green Lanterns watching him at all times. SBP then carves the Superman symbol into him chest saying “I’ve been in worse places than this. And I’ve gotten out.”

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 10:21:13 PM »

Thanks, you just saved me a couple of bucks.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 10:27:53 PM »

Good gravy... :roll:

I still think even the original Crisis was better plotted...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 11:59:03 PM »

I hope that turns out to be a fake...

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 12:10:29 AM »

Unless the advance copies are phony, you are reading a synopsis of IC 7.
Some posters complain about Wolfman's Crisis, well at least the heroes were allowed a happy ending. Now, those said heroes: die, die in battle, are tortured then die, and lastly, insane with no hope for redemption.

Sorry, to all those who believe otherwise, this is still the Dark Age of comics.

RIP
Lois Lane
Superman
Alex Luthor
Superboy Prime

You were killed to make a buck.

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 12:53:31 AM »

I thought Superboy Prime was imprisoned by the Oans...
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 01:04:17 AM »

If they were going to bring an obscure character back to rip DC heroes to pieces, they could have done better than Superboy Prime.

Hoppy the Marvel Bunny, imprisoned by Oans after biting Kon-El's head off (a la Monty Python and the Holy Grail.) Now that's entertainment!

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 01:46:31 AM »

*Gag*... *squared*. So this is how it ends (assuming the synopsis isn't a phony)---as wretched sounding as the whole thing began---Kal-L, the guy who started it all, the living legend, dies by, uh, being slapped around by a teenaged alternate-version of himself?! Superboy-Prime permanently insane?! Along with the previous stupidity like Black Adam poking Psycho-Pirate's brains out with a "Three Stooges" eyepoke, or the hype about bringing back the multiverse only to see just one Earth stick around ultimately (and the last survivors of the pre-Crisis multiverse all killed off in this story). Meh...

That, and from what I've seen so far, I'm convinced "One Year Later" won't change much---just "more of the same" from what it seems like so far  (847 billion heroes all sharing the same one-and-only Earth, a few new characters showing up, etc.), despite all the hype...

While I look forward to trying out Dini's "Batman" stint (for a non-jerkass Batman showing up presumably), guess aside from this and Superman's books, I'll probably be sticking with what I've been buying lately, reprints and titles like "Uncle Scrooge"...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L