superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:56:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Infinite Crisis #7 Why?!  (Read 39693 times)
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2006, 08:56:53 PM »

So perhaps Superboy-Prime unknowingly possesses the most incredible power of all -- the manipulation of reality.

This idea -- that residents of Earth-Prime have the ability to alter reality on the other Earths (which after all were CREATED by the thoughts of various persons on Earth-Prime) -- is very intriguing.  No, scratch that, it's brilliant.  And the fact that you could come up with it tells me you'll never be writing for DC.

I'd like to see stories written around this idea.  But don't waste your brainstorm defending DC, when you know its more profound and interesting than anything they actually intended.  Seems to me the most creative ideas in modern comics are generated by fans trying to explain why comics don't actually suck despite all evidence to the contrary.  If we could just harness that brainpower and use it to produce a new line of comics, I for one would be collecting again.

This looks like a job for...
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2006, 08:57:17 PM »

I never had any idea of the paradise dimension as being confining...Lois 2 said it was beautiful, so I figured there was lots of space and things to check out there... Cool
Superman of America
Superman Family

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2006, 09:12:09 PM »

Yet there were no people the boys' age for them to associate with. Yes the place was like a paradise but that can be tedious if you don't have friends.

Superman of America: America's No.1 Sunshine Superman!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2006, 09:23:00 PM »

Luthor created it, and he could had left whatever he wanted, and in fact did, to do things that were completely against his character, same with SBP. Alex was created for Crisis, so I really don't care what they did with him, though I do think it is rather absurd that someone so powerful was killed by someone with no powers in a rather ho-hum fashion.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2006, 10:59:19 PM »

Just my opinions, but...

1. The idea that Earth Prime could affect the other universes IS good -- would have been better if Earth Prime didn't diverge from "real" Earth with its own timeline and some super heroes making it just as fictitious as any comic universe...

2. What a gyp of a paradise dimension if you need people your own age to play with...sounds more like a boarding school...

3. To those fanboys on other boards that say Kal-L got a fitting tribute because he dies in a glorious bloody battle, er, comic's idea of "tribute" sure has changed...
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2006, 05:26:25 AM »

Quote from: "Superman of America"
Yet there were no people the boys' age for them to associate with. Yes the place was like a paradise but that can be tedious if you don't have friends.

Funny thing is, the paradise dimension had an entirely different depiction in The Kingdom.

In that depiction, there were other people residing in the dimension along with the four.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2006, 01:30:46 PM »

When Crisis ended, we knew nothing about this "Paradise," only that it was supposed to be great.  Was it Earth-2?  Tahiti?  The Rockettes' dressing room?  Blissful oblivion?  Who could say?

As noted, "Kingdom" showed it looking like a thriving Metropolis on some Earth or other.

It's only IC that made it an empty world where young heroes can go mad from loneliness.  Thus this is not a logical development progressing from established history; it's a case of the writers deciding they WANTED Superboy and Alex to go mad, and then creating the conditions that could make that possible (at least in their opinion).

It's the same old argument given for Superman killing the Phantom Zone villains: "What else could he do?"  Wrong...in that case, too, the writer decided what he wanted the outcome to be -- Superman kills -- and then manipulated events to make that happen.

This looks like a job for...
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2006, 05:58:27 PM »

Firts of all, i admit that i have still to read Infinite Crisis so i know nothing about this story(except the information and the comments, left on this forum from who it has already read it  of course)but yesterday a friend of mine has told me that the DC has the intention to bring it back from the dead, Barry Allen :shock: and making him The Flash again,it is true?

S!  S!  S!

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L